SASS Wire Forum

Bursting radius

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

A 1.75 oz glass bottle of paprika has a burst radius of 20-25 feet if dropped five inches onto a granite counter top.  The resulting glass debris weighs about 32 pounds....give or take a bunch.

It will also delay your supper about fifteen minutes while you clean it up.

Informative science experiment results duly noted for future reference 

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

A 1.75 oz glass bottle of paprika has a burst radius of 20-25 feet if dropped five inches onto a granite counter top.  The resulting glass debris weighs about 32 pounds....give or take a bunch.

It will also delay your supper about fifteen minutes while you clean it up.

You might want to check the rest of your spices....Glass jars could mean outdated...All mine are in plastic bottles....

Texas Lizard 

9 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

You might want to check the rest of your spices....Glass jars could mean outdated...All mine are in plastic bottles....

Texas Lizard 

My wife bought this one right after we moved here in 2014.  It had never been opened.   It is now. :P

Could be worse.

Coulda been a jar of minced garlic.:blink:

The smell is kinda stout.

Pole cats have been known to run from the stench and armadillos that are 3 days dead will get up and move further down the road to avoid it.  The smell also lingers and is the only smell I've ever seen that can inbed itself in to steel.

Or, at least, that's the rumor that I've heard.:D

10 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Ever break a piece or Correll? Never played with a Claymore, but those dishes EXPLODE!

JHC

One time years ago I had an in ground pool. End of the season, I was lowering the water level and filtering the water. Could not get pump suction when the water level was low.  Aha said I. I had a Corelle dish exactly the right diameter to stop the pump from sucking air. I put it in the drain and voilà, problem solved.  BUT I could not get it out. After ‘gentle’ tapping with a hammer and a screw driver, problem solved!  A zillion shards of Correlle were in my filter basket.

Archived