SASS Wire Forum

I tried to figure this out

Utah Bob #35998

But I’m not smart enough. I can’t make the anonymized cell phone data to new Covid cases.
Now I firmly believe that the Sturgis rally was a stupid thing to do ( just like college parties) and no doubt contributed to the spread of the virus but I just can’t figure out the methodology used by the researchers in tying 250,000 cases to the event. Maybe I’m just underedddicated.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/savingandinvesting/sturgis-motorcycle-rally-in-south-dakota-in-august-linked-to-more-than-250000-coronavirus-cases-study-finds/ar-BB18PcDa?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout

From IZA's website:

Main Areas of Expertise

Our in-house research on the future of work covers four areas of expertise:

- Changing World of Work
- Workers of the Future
- Sustainable Labor Policies
- Work and Social Cohesion

7 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

From IZA's website:

Main Areas of Expertise

Our in-house research on the future of work covers four areas of expertise:

- Changing World of Work
- Workers of the Future
- Sustainable Labor Policies
- Work and Social Cohesion

Commies!

Data anonymization is a type of information sanitization whose intent is privacy protection. It is the process of removing personally identifiable information from data sets, so that the people whom the data describe remain anonymous.

In other words, nobody knows who came up with it, but if it's on the internet it must be true!

I have attended several large matches this summer 50 to 100 shooters which this year is large.  I have not heard of anyone getting sick.  

They have a algorithm tied into the computer which tracks the cell phones from individuals attending the rally. If anyone from their state comes up with covid upon their return to that state, it is then contributed to the Sturgis rally.

25 minutes ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

A little while ago they reported the first covid death of someone who had been to Sturgis. Several hundred thousand people but that 1 death could only be because of Sturgis?

That’s not really the concern. It’s how many folks might be infected by the  bikers returning to their home towns.

4 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

That’s not really the concern. It’s how many folks might be infected by the  bikers returning to their home towns.

Sure. But isn't 1 death out of 400,000 attendees less then the number who have died in the general population from covid?  

In New York they were specifically  told not to ask people who tested positive with covid if they had been at the protests. Then they are free to report "no evidence of covid spread by protesters". But then they'll bend over backwards to push that covid was spread after a Trump rally. It's the same thing continuously where they will investigate one side differently then the other to find "evidence" to support the lefts agenda. Democrats and the media working in unison.

STRANGE!!  I play gigs for the biker crowd a lot!!  They are loyal fans and since I ride too, we talk between sets and during setup. My research, including NUMEROUS Sturgis attendees, has produced NO reports of new Covid19 cases!!

I reckon my statistics are as reliable and hold just as much value as this other study!! 

22 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

But I’m not smart enough. I can’t make the anonymized cell phone data to new Covid cases.
Now I firmly believe that the Sturgis rally was a stupid thing to do ( just like college parties) and no doubt contributed to the spread of the virus but I just can’t figure out the methodology used by the researchers in tying 250,000 cases to the event. Maybe I’m just underedddicated.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/savingandinvesting/sturgis-motorcycle-rally-in-south-dakota-in-august-linked-to-more-than-250000-coronavirus-cases-study-finds/ar-BB18PcDa?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout

I thought it was a motorcycle event; not a horse race.  Too much horse-droppings in that article.

56% of all statistics are 90% made up!!  <_<  :rolleyes:  

45 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

I'm pretty sure it's 97% ....................... both ways .... ;)

I see you understand the premise!!

Statistics show that four thirds of folks have trouble with fractions...

No, the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Didn't Spawn 250,000 Coronavirus Cases

https://reason.com/2020/09/09/no-the-sturgis-motorcycle-rally-didnt-spawn-250000-coronavirus-cases/

yup and four thirds of america voted for hilery and will follow suite with biden , funny how them dead folks get lively enough to vote every four years - sorry no proof of that yet , but with all the lies told by the media what is to be believed ? 

and with all the misappropriation of "science" by consensus what is to be believed of that anymore ? 

we know this was a misrepresentation of the covid crap - what else is ? can we believe anything these days ? 

Archived