SASS Wire Forum

Kinda slow??

Slowhand Bob, 24229

Guys, a local dealer has an old S&W revolver for sale.  The gun is not in the greatest of condition but I'll bet it was a beauty when new, kinda small with sleek lines, but I digress.    I thought its condition looked more like a wall hanger but he says it is shootable and has it priced like so!!!  He calls it a Baby Schofield and I can see the resemblance but no longer have any of my old reference books that might help here so?  Any help in identifying which models would have carried the nickname "Baby Schofield", pictures and some sort of help figuring condition and pricing would help.  This thing was what I consider the worst case versions, they frequently started out as plated and this always looks horrible after a century of of trying to resist the elements and shedding half of the plating.

I’ve not heard of a “baby Schoefield”. Baby Russians are spur trigger single action 

im guessing you are looking at a S&W double action. There were several models, in .32 and .38SW. Top break like a schoefield 

Archived