SASS Wire Forum

Customer service

Utah Bob #35998

I noticed this morning that I’m about of coffee beans. Maybe a two day supply left. Then I realized my a Black Rifle Coffee Club subscription was supposed to renew on the 2nd. Wintery weather and no coffee? I broke out in a cold sweat.
So I went to their website and checked on my order. “Unfulfilled” it read! What? 

Feeling very unfulfilled my own self, I hit the customer service button. It put me in touch with a Bot. If you don’t know what a Bot is, it’s a Robotic “Helper”. All the big companies use them now. That way they don’t need to have any contact with you at all. The Bot asked me what I needed. I said I needed to chat with a human. Within 20 seconds Alice C came on and asked how she could help. I explained that my order hadn’t gone out even though I had checked the day before to make sure it was in stock.She apologized and said it was not in stock yet. Rats! 
I asked If I could switch the roast to another that was in stock. She said to hang on a sec. She came back and said that yes she had been changed to the other one I requested and that it would be sent out immediately. At no charge. And they would send the original order as soon as it came in. Problem solved in about two minutes.

Contrast this to the runaround I’ve been getting from Amazon and one of their vendors since last week on an incorrect refund.

I told Alice that BRCC rocks! They do things right. Love that company! About 5 minutes later I got an email copy of the chat we had and an order confirmation of the coffee showing $0.00 billed.

Is that why they have those little boxes that are labeled "I AM NOT A ROBOT"?

I keep answering "Maybe". 

So when is this order scheduled to arrive? We could all gather at your place for a COFFEE EVENT!

Bring your own mug.

4 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Is that why they have those little boxes that are labeled "I AM NOT A ROBOT"?

I keep answering "Maybe". 

So when is this order scheduled to arrive? We could all gather at your place for a COFFEE EVENT!

Bring your own mug.

Yeah, pretty funny when a Bot asks you if you’re a Bot. :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Yeah, pretty funny when a Bot asks you if you’re a Bot. :rolleyes:

I can hear it now..."Have your bot contact my bot...we'll do lunch sometime." 

I particularly "like" the recorded message: "Your Call Is Important To Us. Please Hold For The Next Available Agent"

Then you wait for 15++minutes.

Every time you call.

At any hour.

What unadulterated BS!

If our calls were important, the clowns would have more people to handle them.

I make a point, for whatever it's worth, to tell them how long I've been waiting.

I encounter a lot of managers, now days, that graduated from Bone-Head Management University. All I can judge them by are the policies that are in place.

I call my electric company about a problem, and get a person in B.F. Egypt, or India, that can speak English about as well as my son's burro.

Yes, no matter what time of the day, or night, that I call, they are busy and will get to you as soon as they can. There is an old Irish word for that..."malarkey"!

Companies probably do this, because they think it saves money, and think it is okay that they utilize a computer, with a synthetic voice, to work you through the problem.

They can save a bunch in salary, and benefits, and of course, if we do business with them, we have to put up with it.

If I have no choice, I do have to put up with it. If I have a choice, I do not have to put up with it, and I can spend my hard-earned inflated paper money elsewhere....and....I will!

What some businesses never seem to learn, is, that a lot of us will pay a little more, for good customer service, and with a company that is honest, and treats us like a person, and not a dollar sign, or a number. 

Loyalty is earned, over time...never given.

3 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

I encounter a lot of managers, now days, that graduated from Bone-Head Management University. All I can judge them by are the policies that are in place.

I call my electric company about a problem, and get a person in B.F. Egypt, or India, that can speak English about as well as my son's burro.

Yes, no matter what time of the day, or night, that I call, they are busy and will get to you as soon as they can. There is an old Irish word for that..."malarkey"!

Companies probably do this, because they think it saves money, and think it is okay that they utilize a computer, with a synthetic voice, to work you through the problem.

They can save a bunch in salary, and benefits, and of course, if we do business with them, we have to put up with it.

If I have no choice, I do have to put up with it. If I have a choice, I do not have to put up with it, and I can spend my hard-earned inflated paper money elsewhere....and....I will!

What some businesses never seem to learn, is, that a lot of us will pay a little more, for good customer service, and with a company that is honest, and treats us like a person, and not a dollar sign, or a number. 

Loyalty is earned, over time...never given.

The only trouble is there are fewer and fewer companies that want to earn your loyalty.  It seems that we put them out of business by using Walmart and the computer.

On 9/8/2020 at 8:00 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Contrast this to the runaround I’ve been getting from Amazon and one of their vendors since last week on an incorrect refund.

I get great service from amazon if I jump into chat.  But they hide the link.  I'll spend 15+ minutes easily looking for it.  That's why I have it bookmarked now. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Archived