SASS Wire Forum

Shoot'n In The Shade

The Mountain Valley Vigilantes lead by Bulldog McGraw, Rowdy Bob, Cheeka Bow Wow, Mimsey, Headstone Hunter, Smokey Joe, and others put on another outstanding match.  It was again not only their annual shoot but the Arkansas State Championship.  There were new targets and scenarios with some real  "thinkers" in the mix like a boomerang sweep on a X stand of targets...OK, not near as bad as it appeared and read OR corners-center, middle-center on stand of nine.  Aside the new things, the awesome commodore we have grown to expect and enjoy dominated the event.  Covid might have changed "banquet" style but I personally found the casual "on-the-range" substitute a bunch of fun.  Weather was outstanding and since Sassy & I  and a few other Texans had chose to come here this weekend rather than Texas State Championships, we were saddened to hear talk at the match of the unpleasant weather our fellow Texans were experiencing.  Some of us could certainly relate to a few bad weather times at Hot Springs also.

Velvet Glove who has always been such a big part of SITS, was so missed and it was obvious of shooter's thoughts and prayers for her.  Sassy was unable to shoot so used much of her "shoot time" to personally visit VG.  I know during the course of the event, many made visits to VG.  

Congratulations to all the winners, top honors to C.S. Brady and Cheeka Bow Wow overall M/W Arkansas Champions.

I want to also congratulate my Sassy Boots for being the first recipient of the newly established Velvet Grove Award.  The presentation by Mimsey brought so many tears to the cheeks of fellow shooters who know and love Michelle Hunter, and understands the Battle she fights.  Sassy is still just so humbled, as I for her.  Thank You to those at MVV for establishing this award, may God bless Velvet to soon be able to personally present this award to another lady.  (Note: Exprssion on Sassy's face reflects the feelings of so many shooters at SITS and within SASS, especially LOCAS.

Sassy Boots VELVET GLOVE AWARD.jpg

Archived