SASS Wire Forum

WTC resident/citizen

Smokestack SASS#87384

2 hours ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Cause EOT is a World Championship anyone is eligible.

That's my point. If one didn't need to be a citizen of the U.S. in order to win a U.S. National Championship, then there wouldn't be a need for a World Championship.

On 9/8/2020 at 5:50 PM, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

Can a U. S. citizen be the national champion in Australia?

I dont no, but:

A U.S. Citizen can be German Champion.

A U.S. Citizen can be Czech Champion.

A U.S. Citizen can be Dutch Champion.

A u.s. Citizen can be also European Champion. etc, etc.......

49 minutes ago, Revolvgang said:

I dont no, but:

A U.S. Citizen can be German Champion.

A U.S. Citizen can be Czech Champion.

A U.S. Citizen can be Dutch Champion.

A u.s. Citizen can be also European Champion. etc, etc.......

Doesn't mean those countries are right...

So after all of this, to be a State or Regional Champion, you must live in that state or region, whether you are a US Citizen or not.  To be the US National Champion, you must be a US Citizen.

And to answer an earlier question, regarding State Citizenship:

.. The Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution provides:" All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside….

A US Citizen living in a State is a citizen of that State, but a resident of that State, if not a US Citizen, is not a citizen of that State.

8 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

I dunno.......Phantom Czech Champion has a certain ring about it.:D

He wouldn't have a hope in hell of beating my wife.

She can write out a check for more money than I have in a heart beat;)

Apparently no one has ever watched "The Quick and the Dead" (Sharon Stone version).

As "The Kid" asks when he takes down the Swedish champion, "Am I really that fast?  Or is Sweden just a really small country?"

The Swedish Champion was champion because he was the fastest shooter FROM Sweden - not necessarily the faster shooter.

One can be an EVENT Champion/ CATEGORY Champion in a given State, Region, Country without being a resident of that State, Region, Country - but you cannot be THE State, Region, Country champion if you don't reside within those borders.

On 9/11/2020 at 5:03 AM, Diamond Jake said:

So after all of this, to be a State or Regional Champion, you must live in that state or region, whether you are a US Citizen or not.  To be the US National Champion, you must be a US Citizen.

And to answer an earlier question, regarding State Citizenship:

.. The Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution provides:" All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside….

A US Citizen living in a State is a citizen of that State, but a resident of that State, if not a US Citizen, is not a citizen of that State.

To be eligible for a state or regional championship even as a resident I think you have to own property  and pay county taxes, and actually LIVE there;

being a temporary resident or just owning property but NOT LIVING there,..ie, just renting or traveling around does not qualify to one to be state or regional champion.

You dont have to own property to be a resident. 

And for goodness sakes, this is SASS’s game, they made  the rule. It’s clearly stated. Why the argument? 

Archived