SASS Wire Forum

WTC resident/citizen

Smokestack SASS#87384

What requirements must be met for a shooter to be eligible to be named state/regional/national champion? 

If a shooter from another country moves to the US and lives here, plans to live here for several years, are they eligible to be named champion of their state/regional/ national match where they live? 

10 minutes ago, Smokestack SASS#87384 said:

What requirements must be met for a shooter to be eligible to be named state/regional/national champion? 

If a shooter from another country moves to the US and lives here, plans to live here for several years, are they eligible to be named champion of their state/regional/ national match where they live? 

Yes. An address and the fact you're probably paying county taxes. No problem when we lived in Oklahoma.....

But it apparently doesn't apply to Winter Range for some strange reason.??? which I find odd.

Age, gender, and residency are all to be confirmed/determined by the declaration on the individual’s state issued driver’s license or ID.

SHB p.5

9 minutes ago, Major Crimes said:

If its an Aussie offer him a 6 pack to go away and you should be good.

Failing that give him a bottle of Bundy the night before and you wont hear from him til about the 4th stage the next day:rolleyes:

Doesn't that only work if his name is Bruce?

11 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Of course they're eligible.  To reiterate, there is NO citizenship required.  Next Shooter.

I'm pretty sure you have to be a resident of a state to be the state champion and you have to be a resident of a state in whichever region you're competing in for a regional championship.

Based on Jackaroo and PWB's comments it sounds like WR wants you to be a citizen of the US to be eligible to be a National Champ.  Not sure about that though.

49 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Based on Jackaroo and PWB's comments it sounds like WR wants you to be a citizen of the US to be eligible to be a National Champ.  Not sure about that though.

http://winterrange.com/

wpd8c4c0d4_06[1].png

31 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

THAT'S JUST STUPID

I have other words but don't really want a "Time Out"

You are definitely entitled to your opinion. But as the Winter Range Secretary, when I sign the contract with SASS, I'm agreeing to "Conduct the match in accordance with SASS Rules, and within the outline of the guidelines provided" (SASS Championship Agreement) . As PWB has quoted above, the rules are very clear, the US National Championship has to be awarded to a US resident. The Match Trophy goes to the match winner as appropriate.

It seems consistent to me.  You have to be a resident of a state to win that state's championship.  You have to be a resident of a region to win that regional championship.  You have to be a resident of a nation to win that nation's championship, and if it ever becomes an issue, you probably have to be a resident of this world in order to win a world championship.  No Alpha Centurions allowed to win. 

2 hours ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

Can a U. S. citizen be the national champion in Australia?

Only if he uses a prop boomerang on at least one stage and likes Didgeridoo music. Even then, I doubt it.

Maybe SASS matches need more feelings and fewer rules?

:D

Personally I don't have a problem with wanting the National Champion to be either a resident or citizen (he says as if he had a snowballs chance in hell of ever beating you guys:blush:)

It would be a hoot and an honour just to play the game with Y'All.

I tried to find the rules for our National Comp (Chisolm Trail) but because its not happening this year I cant download a Nomination Form to check.

Mohawk would know more about Chisholm and the rules than I.

8 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Only if he uses a prop boomerang on at least one stage and likes Didgeridoo music. Even then, I doubt it.

We used a boomerang prop a couple of weeks on an Aussie-written stage (boomerang sweep). I also like Didgeridoo music and have the “Outback” CD. 

I win! :D

Pards,

I think some of you are mixing 'resident' with 'citizen'.    The rule/guideline posted by Branchwater Jake references 'Citizen',  

in relationship to Winter Range,  not just a 'Resident'.

Big difference.

..........Widder

12 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Pards,

I think some of you are mixing 'resident' with 'citizen'.    The rule/guideline posted by Branchwater Jake references 'Citizen',  

in relationship to Winter Range,  not just a 'Resident'.

Big difference.

..........Widder

Good point.  I'm not sure you can be a 'citizen' of a state, so the appropriate term there is probably resident.  For the National, citizen is appropriate. 

10 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

We used a boomerang prop a couple of weeks on an Aussie-written stage (boomerang sweep). I also like Didgeridoo music and have the “Outback” CD. 

I win! :D

I've eaten at Outback before.  Does that count?

6 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Good point.  I'm not sure you can be a 'citizen' of a state, so the appropriate term there is probably resident.  For the National, citizen is appropriate. 

Of course you can be a citizen of a State.

On 9/8/2020 at 11:28 PM, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

http://winterrange.com/

There's a big difference between "citizen" and "resident" .A citizen has a US passport, a resident may or may not have a US passport. A citizen may also NOT be resident in the US too.

Winter Range is the only event that says citizen. All other state or regional events you have to be a resident, that is a permanent address. And If you have more than one house or property in different regions you can only use ONE of those to be eligible for one regional, you cannot claim both. Your driving license has nothing to do with it despite what the rule book says. It's your permant residential address. This was all clarified to me by Misty when we were living in OK. and have many state championships between us.

20 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

If there was no citizenship requirement for the national championship... What would be difference between WR and EOT? Guess EOT could just be deemed irrelevant and done away with.

Cause EOT is a World Championship anyone is eligible.

On 9/9/2020 at 1:33 AM, Rattlesnake Slim said:

You are definitely entitled to your opinion. But as the Winter Range Secretary, when I sign the contract with SASS, I'm agreeing to "Conduct the match in accordance with SASS Rules, and within the outline of the guidelines provided" (SASS Championship Agreement) . As PWB has quoted above, the rules are very clear, the US National Championship has to be awarded to a US resident. The Match Trophy goes to the match winner as appropriate.

Yes Rattlesnake but you've said 'resident' that's not what WR says they say 'citizen' big difference 

26 minutes ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:
On 9/8/2020 at 6:28 AM, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

There's a big difference between "citizen" and "resident" .A citizen has a US passport, a resident may or may not have a US passport. A citizen may also NOT be resident in the US too.

I know many US citizens  who do not have passports, and, indeed, I was one myself for many decades.

Archived