SASS Wire Forum

Need a gunsmith

Five-shot Hutch

Those are tough! No parts, Unless you buy a “parts Gun” or find a guy that can machine a part. The model 77s were very delicate. They were called “the gunsmiths best friend”!

i have one, and like to shoot it every once in a while, but I’m very careful with it. I’d like to find a .41 Thunderer and a .32 Rainmaker to go with it. 

I have a friend who does some gunsmithing on antique guns, especially derringer mainsprings.  When I want to gig him a bit, I threaten to send him a boxcar full of M1877's, "that just need a little work"! That usually provokes a scream of anguish from him!  They may have been called, "a gunsmith's friend", but it depended on the amount of insanity in the 'smith in question.  Good luck with your project.

Stay well!

SayHOSS there is a pawn shop here that has a 41. 1-505-327-7575.

Largo

18 hours ago, Hoss said:

Those are tough! No parts, Unless you buy a “parts Gun” or find a guy that can machine a part. The model 77s were very delicate. They were called “the gunsmiths best friend”!

i have one, and like to shoot it every once in a while, but I’m very careful with it. I’d like to find a .41 Thunderer and a .32 Rainmaker to go with it. 

Finding a Rainmaker may be difficult, with only about 300 made.

20170131_160307.jpg

12 minutes ago, El Mulo Vaquero, SASS #55942 said:

Finding a Rainmaker may be difficult, with only about 300 made.

20170131_160307.jpg

Wow, that one looks to be a Beaut! I k ow they are rare. I’ve never seen one live in person. I haunt the gun shows. That’s where I found my lightening. It’s mechanically sound, finish ok, grips worn. ive probably put 25 rounds thru it. I’ve seen a few Thunderers, but none I wanted to buy. Too rough, I want a shooter, even tho I won’t shoot it much. 

so..... I gotta ask....your Rainmaker for sale? 

18 hours ago, Hoss said:

Was just at Cabelas in Rapid City, they had a 41 Thunderer in the Gun Library. 

2 minutes ago, Boulder Canyon Bob# 32052L said:

Was just at Cabelas in Rapid City, they had a 41 Thunderer in the Gun Library. 

I’ll check it out!

Archived