SASS Wire Forum

Cookware - A Question For Our Chefs

Calamity Kris

15 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Dutch, that's a magnificent collection!

May I ask how you have the "black iron pipe" rack secured to the wall?  There's some pretty serious avoirdupois hanging there....   :rolleyes:

Thanks Hardpan!

The black iron pipe is secured to the wall with the (2) flanges, that each have (4) 1/4" x 1.5" screws mounted into wall anchors drilled into the brick.

71947810_IMG_20200111_143705(1).thumb.jpg.003d26d06f2b31a5b198016b35845fed.jpg

Paderno SS for us.

Just start heating on low to warm it first, before cranking up the Natural Gas.

It's over 30+ years old now and still looks new.

I have another question.  Lids.  I've noticed a number of manufacturers don't make glass lids.  Is that an issue?  I tend to like looking into a pot without lifting the lid to see how things are going. 

4 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

I have another question.  Lids.  I've noticed a number of manufacturers don't make glass lids.  Is that an issue?  I tend to like looking into a pot without lifting the lid to see how things are going. 

Little secret for you. Professional chefs discard the lids if they have them because they want to see everything.  When I was in culinary school and had a recipe that said “cover” it was easier to find a matching pan to put over my pan than it was to find a lid.  When another cook had a fire in her pan I used a baking sheet to cover it, a lid would have hard to find fast.

keep looking for glass lids, I do have a few.

Archived