SASS Wire Forum

Ugly morning

Utah Bob #35998

Now as far as I'm concerned, every day above ground is a bonus......but sometimes it ain't pretty. After the sun got a few degreers higher it disappeared completely.

Wind shifted and now we have the smoke from the wildfires north of us. Hopefully the rain and snow forecast for Tuesday will help the firefighters out.

9-8-20sunrise.jpg

'Bout what the sky looks like here.  The world has a yellow cast this morning, sun's a hazy blob but we're still on our way to 108° or higher this afternoon.  :mellow:

We have fires to the East of us. 

Not too long after sunrise I took this shot in front of my house. 

BA3A6459-E10D-4341-B649-48238570444B.thumb.jpeg.e1847720e8a5e2fa3cba7e8b005e1b86.jpeg

The moon was pink this morning just after sunrise but I didn’t get a shot of it. We have 2 fires going 60 miles East. 

We're supposed to get a blizzard tomorrow (and it's over 90 degrees today!).  Hopefully that will help the firefighters...and my hunting season.  I have a muzzleloader tag and access to private land near Lake George starting on Saturday, and I'm worried about fires ruining everything.  I've waited 15 years for this license!

2 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

'Bout what the sky looks like here.  The world has a yellow cast this morning, sun's a hazy blob but we're still on our way to 108° or higher this afternoon.  :mellow:

But it's a dry heat.... :lol:

We have had constant waves of thunderstorms and heavy rain here in Western PA. There has been a little over three inches of rain today with more to come 

At 1430 I checked the thermo-meter on the shady, screened in front porch: 114°.   We usually hit peak about 1700.   :(   

1 hour ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

We're supposed to get a blizzard tomorrow (and it's over 90 degrees today!).  Hopefully that will help the firefighters...and my hunting season.  I have a muzzleloader tag and access to private land near Lake George starting on Saturday, and I'm worried about fires ruining everything.  I've waited 15 years for this license!

Of course we expect a complete report on your experience, with lots of pictures!

1 hour ago, Henry T Harrison said:

We have had constant waves of thunderstorms and heavy rain here in Western PA. There has been a little over three inches of rain today with more to come 

Same thing here in Northeast Ohio.

musta been something in the air so to speak , it was gloomy all day here and rained late on , not the festivive day i recall as "labor day" when we celebrated those that worked hard to make this country what it is [was] 

Archived