SASS Wire Forum

TX State Championship results

Abilene, SASS # 27489

There was another topic about the weather at Comancheria Days this labor day weekend.  The results are not on the website yet ( https://texicanrangers.org ) but were emailed to the participants.  So for those interested, the top ten:

1. Rusty Remington, GF

2. Preacher Kid, FC

3. Oklahoma Dee, Sr

4. Totes Magoats, 49r

5. Whiskey Kid, FC

6. Colorado Jackson, 49r

7. Roy's Creek Dan, SS

8. Buckshot Sully, Cow

9. Pinewood Kid, 49r

10. Big Iron Patnode, BW

Average stage times ranged from 16.62 for first place to 19.92 for tenth.  Note that Preacher Kid had not shot in a year, shot all 10 stages Friday, and was 5.6 seconds behind Rusty.  Congratulations to all the winners!   And a huge thanks to the officers and staff of the Texican Rangers!

If anyone wants to know who won any other categories, just ask.

Couple of BP shooters did quite well !!

There was only about 4 sec between 4th overall & 9th. Good close match !!

The Texican Rangers did one heck of a job under some trying conditions. Thanks guys (and gals!) for all of your hard work. 

7 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Okay, "nearly" a year.

And did it shooting the smoky stuff! 

Hoss,

Congrats on your Cody Dixon Lever first place finish!  

The Texican Rangers sure put on a good match this year.  Lots of hurdles to overcome and a little rain affecting the schedule, but the officers of the club really pulled off a fantastic match!

Totes

You shot a heck of a match, Totes.  Saturday afternoon I was sitting at the picnic tables with A.D. and we hear a machine gun at Mean Maggies, A.D. looks up and says yeah that's Totes. :)

As we got to the end of the match I would not even look at Totes. He was on fire!  I think it was our next to last stage, a progressive sweep, which I know is Totes favorite and he can really mow it down with the rifle. I was standing next to Ginger Vitis (Totes wife) we were both holding our breath that he did not jack one out. When he put the rifle down we both breathed a huge sigh of relief! I had a hunch then that ole Totes was going to be tough to beat. 

WAY TO GO TOTES MAGOATS,  TEXAS STSTE 49er CHAMPION! 

The Texican Rangers did another great shoot.  Simply all round great match. 

I felt the stages were outstanding and unique, both in Wild Bunch and Cowboy.

Thank you to the club members that rallied and put on this shoot.

Texas has a new Ladies Frontier Cartridge State champion  - my daughter Mean Michelle.

image.jpg

Archived