SASS Wire Forum

For some reason this story left me feeling incredibly angry

Raylan

If this had happened to me or someone in my family, I would be taking all the actions that I could to have the people involved fired - moronic fascists.

https://myfox8.com/news/12-year-old-boy-suspended-for-5-days-deputies-visit-house-after-toy-gun-seen-during-online-class/

Typical liberal leftist bureaucratic overreach!!

Other than raise hell and ridicule them publicly, there is little one can do!  Lawsuits seldom result in a satisfactory outcome and the time and expense are prohibitive!

Similar incident happened at a grade school near me a few years ago. A 5th grade honor student girl was playing with an airsoft pistol on school grounds on a Sunday. Nosy neighbor called police who arrived and determined nothing wrong was taking place. 

School administrators however felt the need enforce their zero tolerance gun policy and suspended the girl for two weeks. Now this girl has learned it’s them against her and will be looking over her shoulder as long as she’s a student. 

I am so glad my kids are done with the public school system.   I had to go to battle for them a couple of times.  If my kids were in the "right", I'm not about to let some teacher or bureaucrat run over them.  However, if they were in the wrong, I'll bring the tar and feathers.

2 hours ago, Clay Mosby said:

A preview of a biden harris America.:ph34r::ph34r:

THAT thought is bringing me down.

However, a Biden/Harris America will be much, much worse.

Wow, *I LIVE IN THIS COUNTY* and the local media is mum.  I had to hear about it on the SASS Wire with a link to a news outlet that isn't even in our county.  Why?  Our county is the 4th largest Republican stronghold in the nation, and home to several active and powerful gun rights lobbying organizations!  I feel the need to reach out to these parents and help them sue the school district.

By the way, the Sheriff himself is quite pro-2A.  

Had the child been disruptive or made threats to students, I could see the suspension.  But from the description in the news article, all he did was pick it up and move it from one place to another, not even realizing it was visible to anyone else.  

This is absolutely preposterous.

As angry as this story makes me ... I have to say it sure seems like "something might be wrong". 

Being so outrageous ... I just have to step back a min and think about all the intentionally provocative news stories that seem to be the norm these days.

Like "disabled veteran .. father ... loving husband ... good samaritan ...  shot in the back 7 times while walking down the street" ... etc ... (you know the drill).

I'm wondering how ridiculous the cops might have felt (and did they comment??) if the video was as tame as described ... or ... did it look more like an re-enactment of Charles Bronson in the movie "Death Wish"??!?

But then ... they "ARE" kids ... soooooooo ....

Being on the "tube" isn't like being in class ... sitting next to others.  

The school might need a little "remote learing behavior" orientation training for everyone ... including themselves. 

9 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

It's actually a kinda cool looking toy....

Zoombie-Hunter.thumb.jpg.87de1f88f5cfd6346172fc0d0f4a1003.jpg

I’ve seen Real firearms that were more outrageously colored in the past few years.  I don’t understand the trend myself.

4E0D9D30-3A10-47E9-AB3C-CA573FA8F554.jpeg

6ACE1D4B-81D4-42DF-B1E2-43E4E32347B6.jpeg

FBE0020C-0B15-4C10-97B8-6BF398632CCF.jpeg

B3C6AC46-9567-43EB-A314-84EB5402E19D.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

It's actually a kinda cool looking toy....

Zoombie-Hunter.thumb.jpg.87de1f88f5cfd6346172fc0d0f4a1003.jpg

Oh yeah!! Looks like an airsoft gun/1911 I have. 

You may be getting to the bottom of the "real" story here ... The gun belongs to the kid's father!! :lol:

What the school did was beyond ridiculous and completely without justification, but sadly not unexpected these days. I've seen where some schools are requiring parents of children doing on-line learning to sign an agreement stating they WILL NOT be in the room while e-learning is going on. What are our schools teaching children that they have to hide from the child's parents?

You know what else ... (assuming the 1911 you are showing ... is similar to the one in the story) ...

Reading the story .. it implies it was obvious it was a toy ... it had Zombie Hunter on the side ... (and could be read onscreen) ... 

The story also says ... the gun was simply moved from one side of the sofa to the other ... They didn't even realize it was visible on screen.

... BUT ...

Even thinking it wasn't even visible onscreen ... someone was still able to read the "Zombie Hunter" on the side of the slide??!?

Something is wrong with this story ... as presented ...  

A few weeks ago I saw a similar story. The kid had a BB gun on the wall of his bedroom. The principal said that guns are not allowed in school, and since this was virtual School, the kid had broken the rules. Suspension, and the principal sent the police to the house.

Baltimore. Back in June.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/paula-bolyard/2020/06/11/teacher-spying-on-student-during-virtual-class-sends-cops-to-search-11-year-olds-home-after-spotting-a-bb-gun-n518679

This is nothing more than liberal leftist bureaucratic over reach and needs to be stopped immediately. It was a toy gun and the child was in his own house for God's sake. Nothing is sacred anymore to the liberals who are trying to destroy our country and our way of life...remember this come November 3rd and vote for the candidate who represents our country. 

( It's not Biden ) 

These events are ludicrous on the face, but there will always be overzealous individuals who over-react to things that are around them.

The police dealt with it correctly, and hopefully the teacher is chastised. 

Not to excuse anyone, but it's worth noting that there are cases where a parent leaves a gun unlocked and children have shot each other

or others, a police officer would be remiss to not at least confirm that it is not that situation.

It should also serve as a reminder to parents everywhere that once you allow a two way system into your house, you're privacy and

security is compromised and you have no way of knowing who is watching inside your house or watching your children.

I'm equally concerned about the teachers and schools who are asking parents to sign documents attesting to the promise that they

won't monitor the lessons they are giving the kids.  Several have said publicly that they have a duty to socialize the children to teach them

not to be racist, or to have certain political beliefs or attitudes, and that parents would somehow misunderstand or hinder their freedom to

train these children.

To me that is a whole bunch of red flags and warning lights going off. 

This virus has been a real PITA for many, but it at least has revealed true colors among politicians, teachers unions, and other power players.

Time to have the money follow the child, including to charter schools or even individual tutors.

SC

21 minutes ago, ShadowCatcher said:

These events are ludicrous on the face, but there will always be overzealous individuals who over-react to things that are around them.

The police dealt with it correctly, and hopefully the teacher is chastised. 

Not to excuse anyone, but it's worth noting that there are cases where a parent leaves a gun unlocked and children have shot each other

or others, a police officer would be remiss to not at least confirm that it is not that situation.

It should also serve as a reminder to parents everywhere that once you allow a two way system into your house, you're privacy and

security is compromised and you have no way of knowing who is watching inside your house or watching your children.

I'm equally concerned about the teachers and schools who are asking parents to sign documents attesting to the promise that they

won't monitor the lessons they are giving the kids.  Several have said publicly that they have a duty to socialize the children to teach them

not to be racist, or to have certain political beliefs or attitudes, and that parents would somehow misunderstand or hinder their freedom to

train these children.

To me that is a whole bunch of red flags and warning lights going off. 

This virus has been a real PITA for many, but it at least has revealed true colors among politicians, teachers unions, and other power players.

Time to have the money follow the child, including to charter schools or even individual tutors.

SC

Kinda like this you mean?

From up here in Ontario Canada.

AYtedVo.jpg

Now that millions of children are home-schooled.. has anybody noticed there are zero school shootings now?
Even with a house (home school) full of guns, no child has been shot attending home schooling.

Apparently, all those guns in the house really are not the underlying cause of school shootings.
It must be the nutbags, and cringe-fringers.. like we thought, all along.

Maybe the kid should have had one of these instead...

image.gun.ar15.02.unicorns.360.png

I can beat that kid story with one even dumber. Last month I was ordering a cake to be delivered to a monthly match since it was the day before Shortcake's birthday. The first bakery had no "western" themed decorations, so I asked if they could draw them with icing. They said no problem, what did I want? So I rattled off a six-pointed sheriff's star, cowboy boots, a six shooter, cowboy hat, cactus, lasso, etc.

The girl stopped me and asked, " You mean a six-shooter like a gun?"

I said yes, or a lever rifle or double barrel shotgun.

She said, "I don't think we can do guns on cakes, since they are guns and all that."

I reminded her the gun was made of FROSTING, and most likely would not be used in the commission of a felony, unless you were dieting.

She said she would have to get back to me, so I told her to forget it.

Second bakery, no problem, sounded like a fun cake and were eager to do it.

So here is the controversial cake. Strawberry shortcake with vanilla icing. Everybody was happy.

The hammers on the pistols are a bit off, but tasted great!

ShortcakeCake.JPG

I read another article about this poor picked upon child in Colorado. And the article linked in this thread, all the child did was move it from one side of the computer to the other, down below the keyboard so he did not even know it was visible to the camera.

According to the school what they have on video is him pointing the gun at the screen.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/colorado-school-suspends-student-five-days-for-waving-toy-gun-during-zoom-class/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20200911_FridayDigest_295&utm_campaign=/digest/colorado-school-suspends-student-five-days-for-waving-toy-gun-during-zoom-class/

Suspending him for what he did in his own bedroom is none of the school's business and they really overstepped their boundaries.

But I would like to see the video and see whether he did just move it from one side to the other below the keyboard, or whether he and another kid were pointing it at each other and at the computer screen.

Wait a minute...the child was not on school property, it was not a real firearm. Distance learning should not mean the school's "rules" can be applied to a location that is not on public school property. If someone is in a virtual classroom, duh, they are not physically on the school's property, or classroom.

Why won't the school's authorities show the family the video of the incident? If it happened as they said it did, what do they have to hide? 

I would get an attorney, and I would make it my vocation, my avocation, my hobby, my number one goal in life, to go after that school district, and all involved in this stupidity. If nothing else, the legal expenses involve would be a major factor in them thinking twice about doing this again.

I would fight this until my last breath, if that were my child, or grandchild.

If they get away with malarkey like this, they will keep doing it. It has to be clearly shown that doing things like this will incur financial costs, and this needs to happen every time. Sometimes it is not the reaction, that does the most good, but it is the sure and certain knowledge that every time they made the decision to pull a stupid stunt like this, that there will be a lawsuit against them. Lawsuits, even if they win, cost money, and time.

Everyone better vote this November, or we will see crud like this on a national scale, even more so than we see it now.

Noble thoughts.  I do concur...

However, if you have never been in the justice system before, you are in for a real shock.
Justice is expensive.

Every time you take a breath, you lawyer has his hand out for another $5,000 retainer check.
All the defendant has to do, is sit down and make you drag his butt through court.
This is a very expensive, time consuming and grueling business.

If you don't have the moxie and the deep pockets, you cannot afford justice.
Been there, done that (plaintiff) too many times.

Archived