SASS Wire Forum

What's your call here!

Jackaroo, # 29989

1 minute ago, Jefro, SASS#69420 said:

Yep, we use if you can touch the table yer there;)

I like that.  I've shot at places that do it similarly to Creeker's method.  I like that as well.  I've also shot places that give you something to carry and place on whichever prop you're supposed to be standing behind, that works as well. 

2 minutes ago, Jefro, SASS#69420 said:

Yep, we use if you can touch the table yer there;)

Inconsistent match. 

At 6-3, my reach is significantly longer than someone 5'-nothing. So I have more leeway in where I can engage.

Phantom

5 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Inconsistent match. 

At 6-3, my reach is significantly longer than someone 5'-nothing. So I have more leeway in where I can engage.

Phantom

That's why I don't care for the "within one step" or "If you can touch" directions. 

The taller shooter with a longer stride already has a physical advantage covering distance - don't compound that by allowing them to cover less distance as well.

On 9/8/2020 at 1:13 PM, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

I much prefer the instructions that I installed at Eldorado - that use upright markers/ barriers.

Regardless of body placement - the rounds from a given gun must pass a designated side of a marker (usually a 6ft piece of pvc pipe standing upright).  

This is what T-Bone does.  He also says - you have to stage guns according to stage requirements and baring stage instructions to the contrary, you can shoot them from wherever you like & re-stage anywhere safe.

Archived