SASS Wire Forum

California State Championship

Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494

Haven't seen any comments about the state match, so I'll start. 

John Ringo and Calamity Annie gathered a great group and they put on a great event given the circumstances of state mandates, and a heat wave, complete with wildfire smoke.  Many RR Bar Regulators worked tirelessly behind the scenes to make people comfortable and stay safe.

Water, water everywhere!  Must have had a semi worth of bottled water (not allowed to have the 5 gallon ice water containers and paper cups) and tubs of ice.  Industrial sized fans with water misting devices gave opportunities to cool off.  Beginning shooting at 7:30 am allowed posses to finish by 11 am.  Heat still became a factor by the 4th or 5th stage of the 6 stage day.  Energy drinks and magic elixers abounded.

Stages were fast, close and enjoyable.  No tricks or traps, memory contests or track meets.  Glancing around I realized the majority of us are at a stage where simple is good.

Mobility is challenging for some of us now, but the design of the match accommodated everyone.

My wife Goode and I thank our posse leader, Sassy Kittie and RO's Clint Steel and Trainwreck for putting up with us old folks and helping to make this a fun event for us.

Posse 3 rocks.

I'm sure someone can chime in with a link to scores......  We had to leave before any info was out.

We I gotta brag a little:

My son Lead Finger & Hell's Comin had a fantastic event. Both winning their category's. My son Lead Finger 3rd overall & Hells Comin 4th overall. Lead Finger also took Top Gun and 3rd Place BB Gun competition.

My wife & I had to cancel this year & hope to be there next year in cooler weather.

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly puppy

Saw them at the modified banquet and told them to be careful, they were 'behind enemy lines', meaning across the border.....:D.

Will scores be on RR Bar site?  At present, it has no scores at all for year 2020....

BTW, event is scheduled for April next year, and barring interference from state or county, should be better for weather.

2 minutes ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

Being as I am a technical Luddite, can you explain practiscore, please?  Is it an app for phones or?  It all seems like witchcraft to my old brain.....

Just goggle practiscore then type in California state 2020.

If that doesn't work  asked a teenager. 

On 9/6/2020 at 3:14 PM, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

Haven't seen any comments about the state match, so I'll start. 

John Ringo and Calamity Annie gathered a great group and they put on a great event given the circumstances of state mandates, and a heat wave, complete with wildfire smoke.  Many RR Bar Regulators worked tirelessly behind the scenes to make people comfortable and stay safe.

Water, water everywhere!  Must have had a semi worth of bottled water (not allowed to have the 5 gallon ice water containers and paper cups) and tubs of ice.  Industrial sized fans with water misting devices gave opportunities to cool off.  Beginning shooting at 7:30 am allowed posses to finish by 11 am.  Heat still became a factor by the 4th or 5th stage of the 6 stage day.  Energy drinks and magic elixers abounded.

Stages were fast, close and enjoyable.  No tricks or traps, memory contests or track meets.  Glancing around I realized the majority of us are at a stage where simple is good.

Mobility is challenging for some of us now, but the design of the match accommodated everyone.

My wife Goode and I thank our posse leader, Sassy Kittie and RO's Clint Steel and Trainwreck for putting up with us old folks and helping to make this a fun event for us.

Posse 3 rocks.

I'm sure someone can chime in with a link to scores......  We had to leave before any info was out.

Hi Bad, you and Goode were a delight to have on our Posse! You both were a huge help and contributed to the success of our posse! Will look forward to seeing you both at El Dorado. I will email the link to the scores to Goode.

Sassy Kitty

On 9/6/2020 at 8:06 PM, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

Saw them at the modified banquet and told them to be careful, they were 'behind enemy lines', meaning across the border.....:D.

Will scores be on RR Bar site?  At present, it has no scores at all for year 2020....

BTW, event is scheduled for April next year, and barring interference from state or county, should be better for weather.

What are the dates of the next State Match that is scheduled next April?

Archived