SASS Wire Forum

TN State Championship Oct 8-10

Chickamauga Slim

20 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Randy, you can't expect Whiskey to give out door prizes he's not sure about. He has to quality control taste test it!

Well I just got a sample picture of the 186 remaining bottles. In reality there are more big bottles than little ones. 

Randy

image.thumb.jpeg.5244032ce0bad8085f980b00c5113230.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9c0124166cacbdf4e80d15e45e22f4ca.jpegWell it looks like I just earned a “P” for double tapping a picture. 

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Well I just got a sample picture of the 186 remaining bottles. In reality there are more big bottles than little ones. 

Randy

image.thumb.jpeg.5244032ce0bad8085f980b00c5113230.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9c0124166cacbdf4e80d15e45e22f4ca.jpegWell it looks like I just earned a “P” for double tapping a picture. 

Ooooh weeee! 

On 10/5/2020 at 2:53 PM, Captain Bill Burt said:

The posse numbers on the posse list and those on the stage instructions don't line up.  What stage will Posse 13 be starting on?

Bill, sorry I missed this post last night but I’ll have to refer to Whiskey for the answer but I think that should have been Posse 12 although 13 is my lucky number. 

Thanks 

Randy 

32 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Bill, sorry I missed this post last night but I’ll have to refer to Whiskey for the answer but I think that should have been Posse 12 although 13 is my lucky number. 

Thanks 

Randy 

"A man that can smile when something goes wrong

has thought of someone he can blame it on".

:lol:

P.S. - I'd bet a DQ Blizzard that TN Williams had something to do with it.

..........Widder

37 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Thanks 

Randy 

Bill, I'll have to verify for sure from Whiskey tomorrow (once he has time to get off the floor:D) but I think the issue is where we gave the stages a permanent number a few years ago, our chart in the book doesn't match.  Posse 13 should start on Stage 13 which is Grafton's. On Day 1 you should shoot Stages 13, 14, 8, 9, 10 and 11 and on day 2 you should start on Stage 5 then 7, 1, 2, 3, 4. If this is wrong I'll let you know tomorrow.

Thanks

Randy

23 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

"A man that can smile when something goes wrong

has thought of someone he can blame it on".

P.S. - I'd bet a DQ Blizzard that TN Williams had something to do with it.

..........Widder

Widder, I'm afraid you'd lose the Blizzard on this one.  :lol:

Randy

2 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Bill, I'll have to verify for sure from Whiskey tomorrow (once he has time to get off the floor:D) but I think the issue is where we gave the stages a permanent number a few years ago, our chart in the book doesn't match.  Posse 13 should start on Stage 13 which is Grafton's. On Day 1 you should shoot Stages 13, 14, 8, 9, 10 and 11 and on day 2 you should start on Stage 5 then 7, 1, 2, 3, 4. If this is wrong I'll let you know tomorrow.

Thanks

Randy

:wacko:

1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 4, 1, 5 might be easier to remember.

Y'all have fun, wish I could be there.

Whiskey was unable to reply on his cell phone from the range this afternoon. He wanted to thank everyone for the tremendous response we've had lately. If someone was unable to get their entry in and still wants to shoot please email it to Papa Dave as soon as possible so he can get you on a Posse and come on and pay when you get here. He may not be able to accommodate requests to shoot with a particular person but he'll get you on a Posse. 

The last count I saw we had 173 shooters but we can make room for a few more so come on and join the fun!

Thanks

Randy

10 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

:wacko:

1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 4, 1, 5 might be easier to remember.

Y'all have fun, wish I could be there.

It will make more since at the range since we aren't shooting Stages 6, 12, or 15

Thanks

Randy

5 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Given that most gun stores have little to no inventory, is it still worth the drive to the Franklin Gun Shop?

I would say yes, they have some original Winchester on display(or they did last time I was there) and probably still have some cowboy guns. 

You should go check out The Blockade Runner too; its not too far from the range.

http://www.blockaderunner.com/

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Given that most gun stores have little to no inventory, is it still worth the drive to the Franklin Gun Shop?

I don’t know how much they have in stock but Bullseye Pawn and Gun is in Murfreesboro and the Outpost Armory is right off the interstate between Murfreesboro and the range.  I don’t think either will have as much stock as Franklin Gun. 

Randy

1 hour ago, loopikas said:

Borrowing $50 from TN was the ONLY way I could get him to pay me for working on his Henry .22

What was wrong with his Henry .22?   Both of them are 'Widder Soft Strokes' of which he loves and tells me

they are great.

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Probably operator error.

its possible that .22 ammo I SOLD him won't fire.   It wouldn't fire for me so I thought maybe being in another

Time Zone would make it work.     

..........Widder

SO!!!  I made it down to Wartrace this morning!!  The drive was beautiful and the range itself was gorgeous as usual!!

Right off the bat, Yazzoo City Gal grabbed me for a hug and a photo!! Sure was great to see her again, shooting black powder, smiling big and bright!

Stepped up to the pavilion and was greeted by half the match staff with a fist bump and a slap on the back! Whiskey Hayes, Chickamauga Slim, Frank Buckshot, Papa Dave, and the crew have once again laid the foundation for a great match!!

I wandered over to vendors row and caught most of the folks who make and sell the stuff that makes us cowboy shooters, all setting up to display their wares.  These are the people that I traveled with and traded with when I was vending hats and clothes and such! Great folks and it’s good to see ‘em here and providing those things that shooters need and use!

I saw so many of my friends and my extended family and even got to meet some new friends too!

I watched Missouri Lefty shoot a 10-10-6 in 14 seconds and saw billowing Black Powder smoke rise from stages everywhere I turned!

My brother, Imis, joined us at lunch and gave me grief for being on my feet, but for the most part, I rode around in Latigo Jim’s new golf cart!!

I wish I could have shot this match, but I’ll get back to shooting soon!  We had cowboys and cowgirls here from California and New Hampshire and all points in between, and everyone was grinning!

If you ain’t at Wartrace this weekend, you’re missing out!!

Thanks to TN Tombstone for the delivery!  You always come through!  Hug Lady T for me!! I only got to see her for a minute or two, and one hug just ain’t enough!!

In the words of every team that doesn’t win it all.......WAIT ‘TIL NEXT YEAR!!!

11 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

SO!!!  I made it down to Wartrace this morning!!  ...

In the words of every team that doesn’t win it all.......WAIT ‘TIL NEXT YEAR!!!

Hey Blackwater!  Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk with you yesterday.  I saw you at the pavilion, but you were always deep in conversation with others.

Thanks for helping convince me to come to this shoot.  I'm "putting in my dues" and learning the ropes.  Like you said, great folks from all over the country (Whiskey said 18 states) all all of them really good people.

Well the Bunkhouse Boss took me to the range Thursday so I could say hi to some folks. It was good to get out and see some folks I hadn't seen for for a while. Scarlett took this picture when I went to her tent to see her and Tommy. I hope everyone has a great time and shoots well. I had to get at least some pink in for "Are You Tough Enough To Wear Pink" day, I hope someone got some pink pictures, especially Sixgun Seamus.

Randy

2020 Tennessee State Championship.jpg

Whiskey sent me a picture of the prize table being set up for the Side Match Awards and dinner.  Looks like everyone should have had a good time last night. Hope no one contracted the JD flu and is feeling bad this morning.

Randy

IMG_7214[1].JPG

IMG_7215[1].JPG

25 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Well the Bunkhouse Boss took me to the range Thursday so I could say hi to some folks. It was good to get out and see some folks I hadn't seen for for a while. Scarlett took this picture when I went to her tent to see her and Tommy. I hope everyone has a great time and shoots well. I had to get at least some pink in for "Are You Tough Enough To Wear Pink" day, I hope someone got some pink pictures, especially Sixgun Seamus.

Randy

2020 Tennessee State Championship.jpg

Randy,

Its good to see you are being able to 'mobilize' yeowndangself.

As for meowndangself, I can travel local but the Doc has restricted my 'lengthy' travels.   And I must admit, even traveling local

bothers me a little.   This time NEXT YEAR, all the wannabes will have to fear you and me and our new bionics..... :lol:

Here's wishing you a complete and speedy recovery.

..........Widder

19 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Randy,

Its good to see you are being able to 'mobilize' yeowndangself.

As for meowndangself, I can travel local but the Doc has restricted my 'lengthy' travels.   And I must admit, even traveling local

bothers me a little.   This time NEXT YEAR, all the wannabes will have to fear you and me and our new bionics..... :lol:

Here's wishing you a complete and speedy recovery.

..........Widder

Thanks Widder, that was my first venture out of town and the longest I had been out. I was definitely ready to prop my feet up when I got home. I hope your recovery is fast and complete. Hopefully next year we’ll be forces  to be reckoned with.

Randy

3 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Thanks Widder, that was my first venture out of town and the longest I had been out. I was definitely ready to prop my feet up when I got home. I hope your recovery is fast and complete. Hopefully next year we’ll be forces  to be reckoned with.

Randy

Well, it is The Reckoning.:rolleyes:

Archived