SASS Wire Forum

TN State Championship Oct 8-10

Chickamauga Slim

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/30/2020 at 6:22 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Cowboy,

If you think some of this talk is 'brash',  just wait till you meet Krazy Kajun.    He's a CoonAss.   Shoots like one too.

..........Widder

Widder, not everybody is lucky enough to be born a coonass.....jealousy abounds! ;)

1 hour ago, Max Payne said:

Highly recommend you stay away from Kajun. Nothing good can come of it.

Max, don't you have a "hot" generator you are trying to sell.

10 minutes ago, Palmetto Traveler said:

If'n you do get too close yer probably gonna need a translator!

This from someone who had to Google the spelling of the word translator! :D

As I thought most of you were aware I'm not going to make it to the TN match this year, I will be at the SE Regional, SC State and FL State. TN is a great match but I just couldn't fit it in my schedule this year....gotta have some down time.  I'm sure there will be enough "stuff" spread about that you'll need to wear your boots full time at the match.  And ole TN Williams will have his Hoochie Coochie doll and chicken's foot so there's no telling what's gonna happen! :blink:

Kajun

It is with great saddness & a heavy heart that I must announce this is the last countdown post for me this year. 

It is only 6 Days until the match officially begins.

Some of us will head to the range tomorrow and be there all week. Since my ability to connect to the internet is severely hampered there I'll miss y'all's opines and pithy comments. If I don't see you at the range, it's your fault not mine.

And Tennessee Williams is going to need someone to define opine & pithy to him. I would ask Widder to handle it, but ole TW only believes half of what Widder tells him, so he'd walk away still wondering if pithy was a typo!

Slim, I see that word of the day toilet paper is paying off for you. Maybe we can get TW a roll next year.

On 9/30/2020 at 7:05 PM, Tennessee williams said:

20200930_183140.thumb.jpg.07d310fe82dcf0f93926ae7f3dbd4cbc.jpg20200930_183137.thumb.jpg.c39765b60859710fb13fdbede4954227.jpg20200930_183341.thumb.jpg.42523fa0ef9871c5920cd1e01a45adc0.jpg

This is God's country!

I won't let this go unsaid. This has go to be among the most beautiful cowboy ranges anywhere on earth, and it's all due to a man who doesn't get near enough credit.

Thank you Charlie Bowdre, aka Preston Sweeney. He made all of this possible, the rest of us reap the rewards of his labor of love. It's an honor & a privilege to be a part of his club.

53 minutes ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

I won't let this go unsaid. This has go to be among the most beautiful cowboy ranges anywhere on earth, and it's all due to a man who doesn't get near enough credit.

Thank you Charlie Bowdre, aka Preston Sweeney. He made all of this possible, the rest of us reap the rewards of his labor of love. It's an honor & a privilege to be a part of his club.

And Sassy Lora, without their vision many of us might not be cowboy shooters. 

Randy

:FlagAm: This summer was brutal in Phoenix, breaking every record.  Most days over 115, most days over 110 and the highest overnight lows.  Last Friday when we left was 105.  Now here we are in Wartrace at a rather balmy 38.  Have to pull out a sweatshirt to walk Riley.

Absolutely ecstatic to be here.

Chas B

8 minutes ago, Chas B. Wolfson, SASS #11104 said:

:FlagAm: This summer was brutal in Phoenix, breaking every record.  Most days over 115, most days over 110 and the highest overnight lows.  Last Friday when we left was 105.  Now here we are in Wartrace at a rather balmy 38.  Have to pull out a sweatshirt to walk Riley.

Chas B

October is my favorite weather in Tennessee.  Driest month of the year and average high 71 degrees.  Hope to meet you in a few days.

8 hours ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

It is with great saddness & a heavy heart that I must announce this is the last countdown post for me this year. 

It is only 6 Days until the match officially begins.

Some of us will head to the range tomorrow and be there all week. Since my ability to connect to the internet is severely hampered there I'll miss y'all's opines and pithy comments. If I don't see you at the range, it's your fault not mine.

And Tennessee Williams is going to need someone to define opine & pithy to him. I would ask Widder to handle it, but ole TW only believes half of what Widder tells him, so he'd walk away still wondering if pithy was a typo!

Your well articulated yet superfluous comments are not lost on me; however, I will leave you with this to ponder.

Twern't me what called and asked which number comes afore 7 this morning so I could do my countdown.

Hey Slim,

Ole TN ain't as dumb as most folks think.    He told me just this morning that the smartest, brightest moment in a womans life

was when she realized how little she knows about stuff.

I ask him..... 'Are you at home with your wife standing close bye'?

TN replied..... "Are you crazy......... I ain't that dumb".

..........Widder

51 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Your well articulated yet superfluous comments are not lost on me; however, I will leave you with this to ponder.

Twern't me what called and asked which number comes afore 7 this morning so I could do my countdown.

I'm just thankful you put your number in my speed dial so I could get it done. Thanks for always having my back!

1 hour ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

I'm just thankful you put your number in my speed dial so I could get it done. Thanks for always having my back!

SLIM,

The first time (and last) I ask TN to put his number in my speed dial, he listed the number to Medusa's Massage

and Lingerie place.    To say the least, I was embarrassed when I called the number and my girl friend answered.    OOPS! :o

p.s. - don't tell the Bunkhouse Boss!  ;)

..........Widder

13 hours ago, Chas B. Wolfson, SASS #11104 said:

Chas B

Glad you and Annie made it, hope y'all have a great time!

Randy

Must be everyone's out shooting the Workers' Shoot today...it's been over 14 hours since anyone added to this thread!

I didn't shoot today, but I saved 15% on my car insurance with...

13 minutes ago, Diamond Jake said:

Must be everyone's out shooting the Workers' Shoot today...it's been over 14 hours since anyone added to this thread!

You guessed it! Same tomorrow. Then Monday-Wednesday, final prep & tweaking. Thursday-Saturday, hosting the shooters. Sunday, the day of rest. Monday, start on next years match. And all we ask is that y'all come have a good time.

How early can we get into the range Thursday am?  The schedule says sign up at 8:00 am, but if there are a lot of people that doesn't leave a lot of time to get to the Black Powder Safety Meeting at 8:30.

20 minutes ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

You guessed it! Same tomorrow. Then Monday-Wednesday, final prep & tweaking. Thursday-Saturday, hosting the shooters. Sunday, the day of rest. Monday, start on next years match. And all we ask is that y'all come have a good time.

We usually try to wait one day between the end of this years match and the planning phase of next years match.

Hope everyone has a great time this year.

Randy

3 minutes ago, Diamond Jake said:

How early can we get into the range Thursday am?  The schedule says sign up at 8:00 am, but if there are a lot of people that doesn't leave a lot of time to get to the Black Powder Safety Meeting at 8:30.

You can get there earlier, unload and have all your gear at the stage before you register. Usually registration will start a little early one the office personnel get set up.

Shoot well

Randy 

3 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

Nanner splits, Er uh Nanner puddin! Heck its a toss up!

9 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Nanner splits, Er uh Nanner puddin! Heck its a toss up!

That's easy to settle, heck just have one of each!

I had Pecan pie last night thanks to a very kind cowboy who delivered a homemade one after he shot yesterday.:rolleyes:

Randy

Randy, he would have to learn Gun Fighter if he wanted one in each hand. Other wise he would have to eat one at a time, one handed with no assistance for his off hand.

19 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

We usually try to wait one day between the end of this years match and the planning phase of next years match.

Hope everyone has a great time this year.

Randy

Well actually planning for next year has been going on for about 6 weeks.  I call this my over lap shooting season.  Makes it tough but gives me an excuse for shooting so poorly.

6 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

That's why you called and asked me about cipherin'. I knew it wasn't to pay me back that money I didn't let you borrow.:ph34r:

I'm glad you don't want me to pay back the money you didn't let me borrow because I wasn't planning on not paying you back anyhow.

On 10/3/2020 at 7:13 PM, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

You can get there earlier, unload and have all your gear at the stage before you register. Usually registration will start a little early one the office personnel get set up.

Shoot well

Randy 

What stage location will the Black Powder match start on Thursday?

6 minutes ago, Diamond Jake said:

What stage location will the Black Powder match start on Thursday?

It will probably depend if there are enough for more than 1 posse but according to the Black Powder stages it should start on Stage 9, Jersey Lilly.

http://wartraceregulators.com/2020State/BP.pdf

Thanks

Randy

I found this on Facebook posted by Doc McCandless, it is a story WMOT did of the 2018 Match.

https://www.wmot.org/post/bet-youve-never-seen-tenn-shooting-contest-quite?fbclid=IwAR1D6aRLRyP47d4C7O2rqJ3rZaHJhsa_86nD5LxXMW7wr_EXuZg6i8xuWIE#stream/0

You can also find it on the Wartrace Regulators Facebook Page

Bet you've never seen a Tenn. shooting contest quite like this
WMOT.ORG
Bet you've never seen a Tenn. shooting contest quite like this
WARTRACE, Tenn. (OSBORNE) -- Tennessee’s strong gun culture means you can find a shooting contest in some corner of the state any weekend of the year.

Randy

Well I just got a text from Whiskey Hayes and it sounds like he’s at the range sorting out the door prizes for the Friday night dinner. Sounds like he was working hard and singing while he worked. Maybe he’ll send me a picture sometime. 

188 bottles of booze on the floor chug one down and what do you have?   187 bottles of booze on floor chug one down and what do you have?  A match director on the floor.

6 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Well I just got a text from Whiskey Hayes and it sounds like he’s at the range sorting out the door prizes for the Friday night dinner. Sounds like he was working hard and singing while he worked. Maybe he’ll send me a picture sometime. 

188 bottles of booze on the floor chug one down and what do you have?   187 bottles of booze on floor chug one down and what do you have?  A match director on the floor.

Randy, you can't expect Whiskey to give out door prizes he's not sure about. He has to quality control taste test it!

Archived