SASS Wire Forum

TN State Championship Oct 8-10

Chickamauga Slim

What if I "accidentally" resistor twice?

Whiskey Hayes, I notice you said you know a friend of a friend and not I have a friend that knows a friend......just saying.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/29/2020 at 11:33 AM, Tennessee williams said:

I want to know who is bringing the whooping with them this year?

And the nanner puddin'.

I found a case of that "Tennessee Whoopazz".

Widder musta forgot where he put it.

Been drinking one a day to build up.

We will see.......:blink:

L

25 minutes ago, Ringer said:

I found a case of that "Tennessee Whoopazz".

Widder musta forgot where he put it.

Been drinking one a day to build up.

We will see.......:blink:

L

Oh man! Those are meant to be taken yearly! That time Widder didn't finish after me, he won the bragging rights to carry it on his gun cart. Word is he gained 12 pounds of muscle and 20 IQ points just from being in close proximity to the can! Wimmin spontaneously get the vapors all along the interstate when he drives to Wartrace. There's no telling whats gonna happen to you!

Man if this match is anything like this conversation thread not only am I THAT much more excited for this trip out east, but without even shooting it yet and I feel I'm hooked and already need to start making plans for next years match!! 

15 minutes ago, Green Valley Cowboy said:

Man if this match is anything like this conversation thread not only am I THAT much more excited for this trip out east, but without even shooting it yet and I feel I'm hooked and already need to start making plans for next years match!! 

Cowboy,

If you think some of this talk is 'brash',  just wait till you meet Krazy Kajun.    He's a CoonAss.   Shoots like one too.

And you'll know TN Williams before you meet him.   He walks thru the parking lot and will stop and tell hisowndangself a joke, slap

hisself on the back and sez...."thats funny" and then walks away laughing.    Nobody else is around him.   He just laughs at hisself.

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Green Valley Cowboy said:

Just go ahead and MOVE here; it's that good! 

I do suggest bringing hip waders...

Now I just want y'all to know that Tennessee Williams don't just eat Nanner Splits and Nanner Puddin', that boy can work. In fact he has been taking up my slack and painting targets the last few days and man has he got them looking good!!

2020 Stages 018.JPG

2020 Stages 017.JPG

2020 Stages 016.JPG

2020 Stages 015.JPG

2020 Stages 014.JPG

3 hours ago, Green Valley Cowboy said:

Just in case you came in a little late, don't forget their might be a little rheumatis/ snake bite medicine given out on Friday night, here's a picture or two of past Friday nights.

Randy

IMG_1046.thumb.JPG.1e19a27a9455d513ef2ad352cbd4dc07.JPGIMG_0268.thumb.JPG.7bcec56f6003a3e0f87aac457494e7e0.JPGIMG_2391.thumb.JPG.3d0180a53a1d2cf5eaf8a8831c30fada.JPGIMG_2392.thumb.JPG.9ea40f009362c0f5dcd131667d5dfd6e.JPGIMG_2392.thumb.JPG.f94a2e1467edf99996894e6d8b3b3305.JPG

1 hour ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Just in case you came in a little late, don't forget their might be a little rheumatis/ snake bite medicine given out on Friday night, here's a picture or two of past Friday nights.

Randy

IMG_1046.thumb.JPG.1e19a27a9455d513ef2ad352cbd4dc07.JPGIMG_0268.thumb.JPG.7bcec56f6003a3e0f87aac457494e7e0.JPGIMG_2391.thumb.JPG.3d0180a53a1d2cf5eaf8a8831c30fada.JPGIMG_2392.thumb.JPG.9ea40f009362c0f5dcd131667d5dfd6e.JPGIMG_2392.thumb.JPG.f94a2e1467edf99996894e6d8b3b3305.JPG

Yes I saw this and am bring a bigger bag for the return trip home...

I also got this stage painted. Wasn't too bad, it's only one target set a bit close. I put it in just in case Widder shows up. This is it from the furthest shooting position...

Cap'n BB will probably just shoot this one 12 times. I'll let y'all know when the scores come out:ph34r::D20200930_182004.thumb.jpg.f7f04da3e95d29cc02a51471bc958916.jpg

7 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

I also got this stage painted. Wasn't too bad, it's only one target set a bit close. I put it in just in case Widder shows up. This is it from the furthest shooting position...

Cap'n BB will probably just shoot this one 12 times. I'll let y'all know when the scores come out:ph34r::D20200930_182004.thumb.jpg.f7f04da3e95d29cc02a51471bc958916.jpg

Ole Widder will be a  'No Show' at this fun fest.    Doc told me not to travel for any lengthy period of time.   So there goes my plans for

a quick visit.

You're a good painter.   Now we all know why Whiskey, Slim and Randy keep you around..... :D

..........Widder

Have yall considered starting now for next year? Oh, the work already has. I was talking about the lying and cowpie tossing. My reputation remains unsullied.

Imis 

IMIS,

those of us who planned months ahead have ended up having Heart surgery, hip or knee surgery or back issues/surgery.

Folks like TN Williams don't make plans for nothin except plans to cause trouble..... :D

I think it was his HooDoo doll that put the hex on me and Randy.  

..........Widder

27 minutes ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

Only 7 days to go!

Now you've done waited too late to register, unless you know a friend of a friend who has a cousin that may be able to get you in!

I like to think I'm a friend to lots of folks.:D

Randy

21 minutes ago, Diamond Jake said:

"Mom, if you and Dad get divorced, will he still be my uncle?"

Only in Alabama! True story, my wife and I started tracing our family trees. We quit it when the branches unexpectedly got too close together! Seems like everybody on Sand Mountain is kinfolk, best marry out of state to avoid cross-eyed kids!

13 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

I didn't see a stage that called for 12.  Trying to get me a P are you?  If that's stage 8, and the closest target I'm thinking it will get 6.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 6:55 PM, Captain Bill Burt said:

Ahem. Let me draw your attention to the name at number 2 with 94.5 seconds and number 6 with 106.99. 

72BCDA0B-8999-4DB7-BFC9-ECDAC0EB51B8.png

Hmmm I remember this day .  TN Williams and I had a bet on who would buy the Nanner Splits. What CBB's screenshot doesn't show is the multiple misses ole TN had getting worked up about those nanner splits. His raw time without misses smoked us all.

48 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

With targets like that I will not miss BorderTown as much this year.

That's one of TW's camera tricks; complete optical illusion. That particular target is only 6"x8" and is set out at 23.4 feet from the firing line...

Hey, I wouldn't make something like that up :ph34r:

48 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

With targets like that I will not miss BorderTown as much this year.

I think that was just the Cripple Stage and since Widder and I neither one will be able to shoot, that stage got pulled.  :P

Randy

Things are different this year.  Randy worked cheap just needed a little cold medicine about every other week due to a scratchy throat.  I can get his favorite elixir very cheaply (free)..  Randy went lame and handed the reigns over to TW.  My DQ bill has gotten so high I've started taking TW's banana split boats out of the trash and refilling them with ice milk and bananas from Kroger's.  His vision has gotten so blurry from all the sugar, targets had to be pulled in quite a bit or so he thinks.  Please don't tell him any differently till he gets finished.   There is more to this story but TW is texting me now from the range wanting to know where his spits are.  Says he is feeling very weak.  Please want somebody help me find a worker that only has a scratchy throat every other week.  Headed to Kroger's now.

22 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

What if I "accidentally" resistor twice?

Whiskey Hayes, I notice you said you know a friend of a friend and not I have a friend that knows a friend......just saying.

Well TN my friends have honored me twice by putting me up on a stool while they were all cheering, shouting, holler'en etc.  Then they put a necktie on me made out of a rope.  I was extremely humbled both times.  Don't know how it happened but the stool came out from under me both times and the cheering and shouting just got louder.  Both times when my kicking slowed down the rope was cut and the crowd seemed disappointed that the festivities were over.  I truly loved being honored and recognized but I think I have been honored enough.  I always recommend someone else to be recognized/honored now by my friends.  The good news is I'm an inch taller and the pinched nerve in my neck don't hurt no more.  My favorite elixir did ease the pain from the rope burn.  

1 hour ago, Barkeep Casey said:

Hmmm I remember this day .  TN Williams and I had a bet on who would buy the Nanner Splits. What CBB's screenshot doesn't show is the multiple misses ole TN had getting worked up about those nanner splits. His raw time without misses smoked us all.

Them nanner splits get me motivated but somewhat overly worked up!:D

8 minutes ago, Whiskey Hayes #41999 said:

Well TN my friends have honored me twice by putting me up on a stool while they were all cheering, shouting, holler'en etc.  Then they put a necktie on me made out of a rope.  I was extremely humbled both times.  Don't know how it happened but the stool came out from under me both times and the cheering and shouting just got louder.  Both times when my kicking slowed down the rope was cut and the crowd seemed disappointed that the festivities were over.  I truly loved being honored and recognized but I think I have been honored enough.  I always recommend someone else to be recognized/honored now by my friends.  The good news is I'm an inch taller and the pinched nerve in my neck don't hurt no more.  My favorite elixir did ease the pain from the rope burn.  

Now that's funny I don't care who you are!

18 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Them nanner splits get me motivated but somewhat overly worked up!:D

all part of my psy-op campaign

1 hour ago, Whiskey Hayes #41999 said:

Things are different this year.  Randy worked cheap just needed a little cold medicine about every other week due to a scratchy throat.  I can get his favorite elixir very cheaply (free)..  Randy went lame and handed the reigns over to TW.  My DQ bill has gotten so high I've started taking TW's banana split boats out of the trash and refilling them with ice milk and bananas from Kroger's.  His vision has gotten so blurry from all the sugar, targets had to be pulled in quite a bit or so he thinks.  Please don't tell him any differently till he gets finished.   There is more to this story but TW is texting me now from the range wanting to know where his spits are.  Says he is feeling very weak.  Please want somebody help me find a worker that only has a scratchy throat every other week.  Headed to Kroger's now.

Well boss, you know my motto, "Will Work for Whiskey". Sadly, after 8 long years of painting everything the Air Force owned, including the grass around the flightline, I vowed to never paint anything again. The brown bananas go on sale every Thursday, check with the produce manager.

23 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Cowboy,

If you think some of this talk is 'brash',  just wait till you meet Krazy Kajun.    He's a CoonAss.   Shoots like one too.

And you'll know TN Williams before you meet him.   He walks thru the parking lot and will stop and tell hisowndangself a joke, slap

hisself on the back and sez...."thats funny" and then walks away laughing.    Nobody else is around him.   He just laughs at hisself.

..........Widder

Highly recommend you stay away from Kajun. Nothing good can come of it.

2 hours ago, Whiskey Hayes #41999 said:

Even in my semi-retirement I still get a scratchy throat pretty regular.

Randy

Archived