SASS Wire Forum

TN State Championship Oct 8-10

Chickamauga Slim

54 minutes ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

12 Days? 12 Days? That's not even 2 whole weeks! 4 more days before registration is cut off. You procrastinators have almost waited too long. 

Top 10 excuses for not shooting the Tennessee State Match: (as reported to me by Tennessee Williams)

10. My dog ate my gun leather - I guarantee there will be some for sale, if not someone will let you borrow a rig.

9. I need a haircut - Lucky dog, a whole bunch of us ain't got no hair.

8. I cut my finger while sharpening my knife - Backesr spit and duct tape will take care of that.

7. The grass needs mowing - you can borrow some of TN Williams goats.

6. I can't find primers - bring your guns we'll sell you some ammo.

5. I might miss an episode of Dancing With The Stars - why on earth are you watching that in the first place? Besides TN Williams chowing down on all that chili and nanner' puddin is a site to behold and much more entertaining than TV.

4. I can't find my boots - shoot barefoot.

3. I might have too much fun - I guarantee it; besides, ain't no such thing as too much fun.

2. I lost the key to my locking gas cap - one of us will come pick you up.

1. My parole officer said no way - we'll bribe them with some Jack Daniels.

STOP makin' excuses and send in that registration!

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

12 Days? 12 Days? That's not even 2 whole weeks! 4 more days before registration is cut off. You procrastinators have almost waited too long. 

Top 10 excuses for not shooting the Tennessee State Match: (as reported to me by Tennessee Williams)

10. My dog ate my gun leather

9. I need a haircut

8. I cut my finger while sharpening my knife

7. The grass needs mowing

6. I can't find primers

5. I might miss an episode of Dancing With The Stars

4. I can't find my boots

3. I might have too much fun

2. I lost the key to my locking gas cap

1. My parole officer said no way

I almost snorked coffee out my nose at #1. I'm a retired parole Agent and actually had one of my former clients ask if he could work at the Sparta Illinois World Shooting Complex!

And no, he did not get permission to work there...

3 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

10. My dog ate my gun leather - I guarantee there will be some for sale, if not someone will let you borrow a rig.

3 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

STOP makin' excuses and send in that registration!

Now that's a fact, I showed up last month without my rig and Tyrel loaned me a set and it was a really nice set.

Randy

15 minutes ago, Chas B. Wolfson, SASS #11104 said:

:FlagAm:Annie and I are in West Memphis, getting ready to cross the Big Muddy.  We both are REALLY looking forward to this.

Chas B:D

Whenever someone mentions West Memphis I think of the song "Joy" by Lucinda WIlliams.

Look forward to meeting you.

Just 10 more days! Think about it, now you don't even have to pull your boots of to count the days. Five on one hand, and five on the other.

Except for my cousin Elbert, He was born with six fingers on his left hand, four on the right. That boy could play a mean guitar!

And his brother Neville was born with no eyelids, but that's a story for another day...........

54 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

I want to know who is bringing the whooping with them this year?

And the nanner puddin'.

WELL, I was going to bring a whoopin but ole Doc Sawbones derailed my plans.   Looks like you'll finish a couple spots higher

because me and Randy won't be there..... :lol:

I understand a couple of the older shooters and little kids might not shoot also.  That should help you move up

a few more spots..... :P

..........Widder

3 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

WELL, I was going to bring a whoopin but ole Doc Sawbones derailed my plans.   Looks like you'll finish a couple spots higher

I understand a couple of the older shooters and little kids might not shoot also.  That should help you move up

..........Widder

Don't forget Capn' BB and the Krazy one is coming. That should help me too. Less'n someone was to fill me up on nanner puddin' so I can't move too fast. 

2 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

I predict Widder and I will be running neck and neck  throughout the entire match and finish tied for dead last!:rolleyes:

Randy

3 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

I want to know who is bringing the whooping with them this year?

And the nanner puddin'.

I hear ole Tennessee is planning on puttin' a whoppin' on all the other Duelists this year. This is if he doesn't get foundered on Nanner Splits at the DQ.:D

Randy

Just now, Chickamauga Slim said:

Reason 7,214 to not miss this match:

Everyone who is registered & shows up will get one of these wild rags:

Compliments of Ruger!Ruger.jpg.b1f9e385db36fe15a83a695c1f47a63e.jpg

Tennessee Williams, you can use this to wipe the nanner puddin droppins off your chin. Oh, I forgot, you don't drop nanner puddin!

6 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Don't forget Capn' BB and the Krazy one is coming. That should help me too. Less'n someone was to fill me up on nanner puddin' so I can't move too fast. 

Ahem. Let me draw your attention to the name at number 2 with 94.5 seconds and number 6 with 106.99. 

72BCDA0B-8999-4DB7-BFC9-ECDAC0EB51B8.png

TN Williams told me that he was 'gold brickin' that day.   He said that he didn't want to show his stuff before a big match but

rather kinda 'lul' the 'wannabees' into a feeling of false security about themselves.     

Y'all gonna have to keep a sharp eyeball on him next week.   Just remember, he's been taking lessons from Randy St. Eagle

and pretty much knows how to master a stage run.   He strongly feels like his name will be mentioned a lot at the awards

banquet..... (banana puddin will probably be served for desert)

:lol:

When me and Red Knee can't be there, its up to folks like you and TN Williams to stir the pot and serve 'whoopin stew'.

..........Widder

13 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

...Y'all gonna have to keep a sharp eyeball on him next week.   ...

..........Widder

Is the shoot next week?  I didn't realize.

4 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

The Shooters book is on the website so I'll add a link here, looks like it ought to be a great match!

http://wartraceregulators.com/2020State/MM.pdf

Randy

Thanks for posting that!  Those are gooood looking stages. 12 great stages for a State match, what a deal!

44 minutes ago, Diamond Jake said:

Is the shoot next week?  I didn't realize.

Side matches and other events start next Thursday.

Thats also the day TN Williams plans to cut the rope with a pocket pistol from the hip and sign autographs.

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Ahem. Let me draw your attention to the name at number 2 with 94.5 seconds and number 6 with 106.99. 

72BCDA0B-8999-4DB7-BFC9-ECDAC0EB51B8.png

Well now, why have you got to go and bring facts into it?! :D

You didn't tell them I had a broke toe and stitches in my trigger finger. Those 4 misses killed me though!

In 8 short days the dust & lead will begin to fly at Wartrace!

My ole Pappy used to say, " When the green flag drops, the BS stops!"

He must have been talking about racing because the BS at Wartrace will begin in earnest in 8 days, Although it might be a little light this year with some of the professional BS'ers unable to fall in for roll call. Thankfully, TW carries a barrel full of it everywhere he goes. I know he will pick up the slack.

12 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Well now, why have you got to go and bring facts into it?! :D

You didn't tell them I had a broke toe and stitches in my trigger finger. Those 4 misses killed me though!

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story!

Randy

1 hour ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

In 8 short days the dust & lead will begin to fly at Wartrace!

My ole Pappy used to say, " When the green flag drops, the BS stops!"

He must have been talking about racing because the BS at Wartrace will begin in earnest in 8 days, Although it might be a little light this year with some of the professional BS'ers unable to fall in for roll call. Thankfully, TW carries a barrel full of it everywhere he goes. I know he will pick up the slack.

Pretty sure the BS has already started, it'll be in full display this Saturday when the workers are shooting :P :lol::lol::lol:

I just received word that we aren't at 175 yet, but close. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING ON? an invitation?

Well, ok then.

You are personally invited to attend the 2020 SASS Tennessee State Championship Match. And while it won't count on the official scoresheet, I will personally spot you 20 seconds vs. me. And I'm among the slowest of the Wartrace Regulators so you are a shoo in to beat me. Now why wouldn't you saddle up and head this way?

Do it now! Call Papa Dave! Today is your last chance to register. Tomorrow is too late!

Is that if it is post marked by today? Do we have three days for the post office to deliver? What if mine gets lost in a ditch or garbage can? :rolleyes:

Sorry, could not resist.

36 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Is that if it is post marked by today? Do we have three days for the post office to deliver? What if mine gets lost in a ditch or garbage can? :rolleyes:

Sorry, could not resist.

C'mon man, here's the deal,there is no evidence of registration tampering.

Archived