SASS Wire Forum

TN State Championship Oct 8-10

Chickamauga Slim

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

17 days, and the days are getting shorter to boot.

I might be able to cut the rope with my 8 gauge double barrel (You know TW, the one with the 42" barrels). Issue is I can't heft it into the truck or shoulder it. Great Grandpa must have been one helluva man to walk from Georgia to Alaska carrying that thing, just in the hopes of tracking down and shooting a polar bear. Great Grandma sure did love that white fur coat, except for the big hole outlined in red that let the winter breeze come through.

Well, Y'all know me.  And I ain't one to spin a yarn or start any tall tales that can't be substantiated.

But its been rumored that a sharp, eagled eye shooter west of the Mississippi is planning to

shoot that rope with his Daisy Red Ryder BB Rifle.

I went to the Doctor this morning for my 2nd surgery followup exam.   It was a good report but the

Doc told me that If I had anyone who owed me any money, I need to collect from them soon.

I said:   Doc, I didn't know you knew TN Williams.  

The Doc sez:   I know of him.   He'll try to repay you by writing a check and putting it in your coffin.

I said:   Well, he's already tried to pay me with DQ gift cards.

..........Widder

Widder  Wuz you a political party speach writer in another life? We gonna miss you this year, but our aim will improve by next year.

Imis

Just 16 days away. Not too late to register, but it will be soon.

Y'all don't want to miss the liar's contest Friday afternoon prior to the dinner & side match awards.

And under the big dead tree in the parking lot, we found a stash of gold dollars that Jesse James must have buried there while visiting kin folk in Bell Buckle. We wuz all excited and went to deposit it, but the bank refused to accept it as it was proven to be stolen, and too rusty to determine the denomination. We attempted to use PB Blaster & refurbish the loot, but the affect of the Blaster was to dissolve the remnants of the coins into thin air. Tennessee Williams said he heard a leprechaun laughing as the money was disappearing. Come to find out, Jesse James was of Irish decent, so that only makes sense. We were able to save a rock with some of the PB Blaster stains on it as proof of the event. 

55 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Capt BB I believe Drifter will be out of town that week.

Imis

Rumor has it that he was captured by a renegade band of Comanche dog soldiers. Let's hope he still has his hair when he gets loose & escapes his captors.

38 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

The resemblance is striking.

Capt,

You shouldn't insult that dog.   

Speaking of animals and TN Williams, I gotta share this with you.

A couple years back at the TN State match, TN invited Red Knee to stay over and go on a DEER hunt with him

on his private land.   Of course, Red Knee being from Oklahoma and enjoys the outdoors, he accepted the invite.

To 'enhance' the hunt, Red Knee shared a hunting secret with TN about how they do it in Oklahoma.

So based on Red Knee's advice, they went out and bought a 'deer suit'.   One of them outfits where 2 people get inside

and usually trot around in parades and circuses.

BUT, this time they would be prancing around in the woods.

Red Knee takes the front position, TN takes the back position.   They spray this strong doe scent on the deer outfit

and start prancing around on the edge of a huge corn field.

Then it happened.....a BIG BUCK catches their scent and starts charging full bore to see his new love.

Red Knee sez....... "Here he comes.   Get the rifle and pop him when he gets closer"

TN Williams sez........ "I forgot and left the rifle leaning against the tree and we ain't got time to get it now.   WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?"

Red Knee sez........ "Well, I'm gonna bend down and pretend I'm eating some grass.   If I were YOU, I'd brace myself".

...........Widder

3 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Capt,

You shouldn't insult that dog.   

Speaking of animals and TN Williams, I gotta share this with you.

A couple years back at the TN State match, TN invited Red Knee to stay over and go on a DEER hunt with him

on his private land.   Of course, Red Knee being from Oklahoma and enjoys the outdoors, he accepted the invite.

To 'enhance' the hunt, Red Knee shared a hunting secret with TN about how they do it in Oklahoma.

So based on Red Knee's advice, they went out and bought a 'deer suit'.   One of them outfits where 2 people get inside

and usually trot around in parades and circuses.

BUT, this time they would be prancing around in the woods.

Red Knee takes the front position, TN takes the back position.   They spray this strong doe scent on the deer outfit

and start prancing around on the edge of a huge corn field.

Then it happened.....a BIG BUCK catches their scent and starts charging full bore to see his new love.

Red Knee sez....... "Here he comes.   Get the rifle and pop him when he gets closer"

TN Williams sez........ "I forgot and left the rifle leaning against the tree and we ain't got time to get it now.   WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?"

Red Knee sez........ "Well, I'm gonna bend down and pretend I'm eating some grass.   If I were YOU, I'd brace myself".

...........Widder

That's just like a feller from Oklahoma. I ain't hunting with one again. They'll throw you under the bus er deer in a heartbeat. Sure did surprise me when you offered me 50 dollars to let you take him next year. 

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but our plans to keep people cool if it gets hot has fallen through. We were gonna glue a couple playing cards on Widders lips but he ain't coming this year. Only good news I have is if it gets cold we got you covered. We're gonna glue a couple cards on BBs backside and feed him broccoli! 

23 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but our plans to keep people cool if it gets hot has fallen through. We were gonna glue a couple playing cards on Widders lips but he ain't coming this year. Only good news I have is if it gets cold we got you covered. We're gonna glue a couple cards on BBs backside and feed him broccoli! 

EEK!

39 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

:o

..........Widder

53 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

BB, you trying for next years' liar award already?

I've been trying, you just didn't notice.

47 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Ummm, broccoli. 

Just 15 more days, that's only 360 hours!

There is still a week left to get your registration in.

I have been told that John Wayne, Elvis Presley, & Ronald Reagan are planning to drop in to visit us. It's gotta be true, I heard it from David Crockett hisself, and we all know Davey don't lie.

Just now, Chickamauga Slim said:

Just 15 more days, that's only 360 hours!

There is still a week left to get your registration in.

I have been told that John Wayne, Elvis Presley, & Ronald Reagan are planning to drop in to visit us. It's gotta be true, I heard it from David Crockett hisself, and we all know Davey don't lie.

Of course me & David were having a discussion with Mr. Daniel when this information was divulged. Jack, not Boone or Charlie.

2 hours ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

Of course me & David were having a discussion with Mr. Daniel when this information was divulged. Jack, not Boone or Charlie.

Slim, I don't remember seeing any of them on the list when I was going over the list of people to introduce Donald Trump to when he makes his surprise visit to the range on Thursday that we're keeping secret. You know I gotta get them vetted. Smh

Well, I guess it was bound to happen.

Considering Red Knee and I will not be at the TN State this year, the list of 'excuses' has seem to disappear from

wire conversation.   No broken arms or injured wrist stories.   No shoulder injuries from being bucked from wild stallions, etc.....

BUT NOW, guess who 'burnt his hands'?     YEP, TN Williams.   He called me seeking some sympathy this afternoon but

until my body gets better from recent surgery, I told him I didn't have any sympathy to share.

He's got 2 weeks to heal but don't be surprised if he shows up with wrapped hands, and probably in a wheel chair due to an

ingrown toenail.

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Were they friction burns?

I guess its possible if a banana slips out of your hands fast enough, a tender handed person could get friction burns.

It could also be a freeze burn from a DQ Blizzard.

..........Widder

Well 2 weeks (14 Days) from today the hammers start to fall on primers at Wartrace. Here's hopin' your powder is dry and your primers are fresher than Blue Wolf's have been lately. First time I've ever seen a shotgun wad gently lay a knockdown to rest.

Archived