SASS Wire Forum

TN State Championship Oct 8-10

Chickamauga Slim

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Attached is a Who's Attending List, hopefully someone smarter than I am can figure out how to post it opened.

Thanks

Randy

whosattend2.pdf 15.57 kB · 7 downloads

What is it that Who is attending? Did he get permission to leave first base?

On 9/16/2020 at 7:50 AM, Chickamauga Slim said:

Targets are still being painted by Randy St. Eagle & prepped to make them easier to hit.

I recruited Tennessee to take the reigns and paint the remainder of the targets after we shoot the Mid-Month tomorrow. I will probably not be able to make it to the range during the match but I hope everyone shoots well and has a great time!!!!!! 

Don't forget Thursday 10/8 is "Are You Tough Enough To Wear Pink" day. 

Randy

On 9/16/2020 at 8:28 AM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Sounds like the chances for the Silver Eagle going back to Illinois is increasing..... ;)

In honor of my good friend, dedicated worker, dedicated Cancer fund raiser, and all around great Cowboy, I hereby decree a new name for the Henry .22 rifle......."Randy St. Silver Eagle".

How does that sound?

..........Widder

Widder, I take this as a great honor, thank you so much. I hate that neither of us will be at this years match. Get healed up well from getting your Super Charger installed, hopefully in the spring (when you come out of hibernation) we can shoot together again.

Thanks Again

Randy

Randy,

it is I who feel honored to name this years Henry .22 after you.    And when you and others see it, the urge to own it will

grow.   It truly is a beautiful rifle and worthy of the name......."Randy St. Silver Eagle"  Henry .22

I doubt my body will feel up to it, but there is always a slight possibility that I could be well enough to travel in 3 weeks.

I see my Cardiologist on Monday.   He may release me from some of my restrictions.

Of course, any shooting activities are out of the question.

As for your upcoming surgery, I sure hope you heal well.   My recovery is slow and boring.   Can't do nothing but sit outside

and watch the grass grow.   Weather has been perfect for the last month and I can't shoot nor even ride my ATV back on the farm.

Heck, I can't even reload anything cause it pulls on my chest.

Under my present condition, its possible that even Red Knee could beat me at speed 97......MAYBE!

:lol:

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Don't forget Thursday 10/8 is "Are You Tough Enough To Wear Pink" day. 

Shirt arrived today. Taking to the cleaners to have it pressed tomorrow. :)

2 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Under my present condition, its possible that even Red Knee could beat me at speed 97......MAYBE!

:lol:

Red Knee needs to tune in to this channel.:D

Randy

1 hour ago, SGT. ELI 35882 GUNFIGHTER said:

My pards Dakota, Missouri Traveler, Missouri Lefty, Les Hitts, and Coop Dogs entries must not have hit Papa Daves inbox yet.

I hate that I'll miss seeing y'all this year. Maybe we'll all make it to EOT next year.

Randy

20 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Red Knee needs to tune in to this channel.:D

Randy

Hey Randy,

Widder made me promise him before his bionics were installed, that I would in no way, shape, or form, pick on his inability to witfully respond here on the wire, so out of sincere respect, I refuse to verbally assault his old arse!!

Red Knee

"Red Knee.....oh Red Knee.   Where are you.   Come out and Play-ah"

I think he's hiding out somewhere in Oklahoma.

He was hoping my present health situation might make me retire and gift him with The Enchantress  #4.

But with a new valve job and a couple unclogged fuel lines feeding my 440 Six-Pac,  who knows what lies 

ahead for the 'Feather' seekers.

His last verbal assault on this 'old arse' created a nice little 4.24 run on 6.    OUCH!

..........Widder

18 days away, and registration deadline looms near.

I checked with the range boss and we have room for more cowboys/cowgirls. This is a great way to get polished up for the SE Regional, or your next monthly match.

We'll treat you so many different ways you are bound to like one of them!

(Chas says, "Bring Chili for the cookoff")

I just got one statement and one question of interest for side matches:

Now that Randy St. Eagle won't be cutting the rope and TN Williams thinks he gonna take home those bragging rights,

is there not ANYONE out there who is going to challenge TN on being the rope cutting champ?

Surely some of you sharp shooters are not going to let TN just walk away with such an insegrevious reputation.

..........Widder

On 9/19/2020 at 7:14 AM, Yazoo City Gal said:

Looking forward to the Blackpowder Warm Up Match on Thursday.  Who's in?

I'm planning on it.  That is, if the bullets I ordered arrive in time to load 80 cartridges.  Cases are sized, expanded, and primed. 

3 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

I'm planning on it.  That is, if the bullets I ordered arrive in time to load 80 cartridges.  Cases are sized, expanded, and primed. 

What caliber you need? I'm planning to be at Bowling Green next Sunday afternoon and can bring you some there  or I can run over to Gallatin one day week after next. 

4 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I just got one statement and one question of interest for side matches:

Now that Randy St. Eagle won't be cutting the rope and TN Williams thinks he gonna take home those bragging rights,

is there not ANYONE out there who is going to challenge TN on being the rope cutting champ?

Surely some of you sharp shooters are not going to let TN just walk away with such an insegrevious reputation.

..........Widder

I'm in. Who else?

8 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I'm in. Who else?

Now here speaks a man of courage and action.   Poor ole TN will now be sweating for 2 1/2 weeks.    hehehehehe

He'll probably drop his phone while talking to me cause of his sweaty palms..... :o

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

What caliber you need? I'm planning to be at Bowling Green next Sunday afternoon and can bring you some there  or I can run over to Gallatin one day week after next. 

I should be OK.  I'm down to 40 Big Lube Bullets in .452.  I ordered 500 and the supplier said he'd have them in the mail early last week.  I just didn't get a shipping confirmation from him.  You can bring those other things for me to the state match.

I personally plan on cutting it from the hip. Done it once, clipped it twice over the years. This may be the year to cut the rope from the draw from the hip.

3 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I figure ol' TN will be shooting a wimpy 38.

Yeah, I figure I'll use my 38 deringer or my pocket pistol to cut the rope. I'll need to warm them up to shoot the speed deringer and pocket pistol matches anyhow. 

I'm bringing a couple rifles in 44-40 and my 56-50 Spencer. Just have to decide on how many style points I want to spot him. :P :D

Dad gum that's like throwing ashtrays!:P

4 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Now here speaks a man of courage and action.   Poor ole TN will now be sweating for 2 1/2 weeks.    hehehehehe

He'll probably drop his phone while talking to me cause of his sweaty palms..... :o

..........Widder

Now Widder, you got that feller coming all the way from Texas to get a rope cutting whoopin. He'll probably end up bringing his deringer and pocket pistol with him too. I'd better get mine out and make sure they still shoot! You done got people gunnin for me. With friends like you I sure don't need anymore enemies! 

Archived