SASS Wire Forum

Full-on Frontier

Whiskey Hicks

This game is for fun.....YOUR FUN.

If you do get a Spencer, you have to let me shoot it and not get mad because I drooled all over it.

I’m still trying to figure out how to shoot mine at a match and not turn all the rifle targets into knock downs. The lightest bullets it will feed are 320 grain and it doesn’t like light loads at all. 
:ph34r:

Actually, I show up that way most of the time.  Although I do substitute a Henry for the Spencer.  Maximum FUN you betcha.  Also, my Ohio shooting partner does exactly the same.  Cap Guns be FUN you betcha.  Extra FUN since ours are SNUBBIES!!!

On 9/5/2020 at 4:04 PM, Sixgun Seamus said:

This game is for fun.....YOUR FUN.

If you do get a Spencer, you have to let me shoot it and not get mad because I drooled all over it.

Seamus you will of course have that honor, after which I’ll bring copious shop rags for your drool.

3 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Actually, I show up that way most of the time.  Although I do substitute a Henry for the Spencer.  Maximum FUN you betcha.  Also, my Ohio shooting partner does exactly the same.  Cap Guns be FUN you betcha.  Extra FUN since ours are SNUBBIES!!!

I’m already scared of taking too long once I get both cap guns to the next match.

21 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I’m still trying to figure out how to shoot mine at a match and not turn all the rifle targets into knock downs. The lightest bullets it will feed are 320 grain and it doesn’t like light loads at all. 

I wasn’t sure what I would do about that if I looked at a Spencer. I’m coming into a large chunk of change in the next two months and on the fence about a ‘66, ‘73 or Spencer.

The '60 Henry Rifle might be a bit modern fer yore taste but it does speed thangs up a mite!  I probably wouldnt get to shoot them but Lord knows I want a new pair of Uberti Walker Colts!   HMMM, shoot them, I probably couldnt even lift them anymore!!!  I do gots a pair of 3" barled Uberti .44Armie Colts and they are fun to shoot BUT I can not hit the broad side of the biggest barn in the state with them!!!! 

On 9/5/2020 at 11:47 AM, Whiskey Hicks said:

If a cowboy came into your local with two cap guns, a Spencer carbine, and a hammered SxS, is your first reaction “Oh Lordy, bust out the sundial?”

I've done it more than once! I'm pretty happy when I break 80 seconds with such a setup. :lol:

If you're shooting a .56-50 somewhere for the first time, inquire beforehand, as some ranges really frown on those 340 grain bullets over a full load of BP.  ;)

2 hours ago, Whiskey Hicks said:

I wasn’t sure what I would do about that if I looked at a Spencer. I’m coming into a large chunk of change in the next two months and on the fence about a ‘66, ‘73 or Spencer.

You could buy the Spencer, but I bet the novelty wears off in a hurry if you intend to use it as a main match gun. 

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 8:00 PM, Sedalia Dave said:

Been a looong time ago, but I had that happen when I showed up with my .56-56 Spencer down Durango-way.  After knocking down the first target, I switched to my (Navy Arms) M1860 Henry repeating rifle (.44-40).  IIRC my bullets were either 385gr or 411 gr.! 

Stay well, Pards!

Hey Slim!!!  Agreed.  Save the aggravation though and start with an 1860 Henry.  The '66 and '73 are cool, but the Henry is the KOOLIST!!  I have four (OOPS) now three of those.  1860 Henrys ROCK!!  Henry Big Boys DO NOT :ph34r: 

4 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Hey Slim!!!  Agreed.  Save the aggravation though and start with an 1860 Henry.  The '66 and '73 are cool, but the Henry is the KOOLIST!!  I have four (OOPS) now three of those.  1860 Henrys ROCK!!  Henry Big Boys DO NOT :ph34r: 

This ↑↑↑

22 hours ago, Whiskey Hicks said:

I’m already scared of taking too long once I get both cap guns to the next match.

Just shoot your game and forget about the dang timer :excl:

Besides,  we all need a nap from time to time. :P

OLG 

2 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Blarney :P

Were Cheatin Charlie from Ohio the Frontiersman, you'd be shootin for second place  :rolleyes:

Geeeez......why didja hafta go and say that........now he'll need a bigger hat.:P

On 9/5/2020 at 9:00 PM, Sedalia Dave said:

cast them in zinc?

Archived