SASS Wire Forum

Voting fraud

Trailrider #896

A lot of controversy being raised about mail-in voting.  First of all, voting twice is illegal! Second, most places that I know of will check off you ballot, and if they see more than one, probably will discount all of them.  Of course, there are places where some of the people whose ballots are counted have a permanent "residence"....six feet down.  Point is, if you are not dead and get mail-in ballots (Colorado is doing this a lot), go ahead and VOTE!  Or as they used to say in Chicago, "Vote early, vote often!" :ph34r::rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I actually have no fear of mail in voting.

I have no issue or fear of it either if people have requested it. 

But for a State, such as California to mail out absentee ballots to every one of the ~21,000,000  registered voters is a different proposition.

The problem with all statistics on voter fraud is that they are based on only those that got caught. And the current system is wide open to voter fraud due factors such as poor to no verification of voter identity, poorly kept voter registration lists, organizied voter fraud in many US cities, and a  push for nationwide mail in voting where most states do not have a system to handle it and prevent fraud, especially those states that have never done it before. Additionally allegations of voter fraud are often never pursued or investigated by authorities as said authorities are often elected representatives of the party allegedly benefiting from said fraud.  

10 hours ago, Whiskey Hicks said:

As voter fraud historically has happened at a less than 1% rate, it’s not a terrible concern of mine.

Where fraud has historically made an impact has always been in local elections.

no - Kennedy got elected in my lifetime and more than one other instance has affected me - personally on the state level , but then its all politicians investigating it so why should we question their findings ? its like the media investigating the "false news" - why would we question that ???

i disagree that its a local issue ..............but we can agree to disagree as im one of the silent majority that seldom speaks out 

16 hours ago, Whiskey Hicks said:

As voter fraud historically has happened at a less than 1% rate, it’s not a terrible concern of mine.

It should be a concern.

As has been pointed out -- that's just confirmed voter fraud.

But even more specifically -- in the 2016 election, Trump's margin of victory in three states was 1% or less -- a 1% shift due to voter fraud would have moved the electoral votes to Clinton, with the result that we would have been saying, 'Madame President' for the past three and a half years. 

Voter fraud IS an issue -- especially in states whose, 'let every voice be heard' policies lend themselves to vote manipulation. On the bright side, in many of the states where voter fraud is likely the outcome is enough of a done deal that fraud is irrelevant except in, as you say, state and local elections. But look at how the performance (or non-performance) and policies of the people in those offices have impacted the nation as a whole.

To say it’s a widespread and rampant phenomenon would require evidence. If ‘only what’s been reported’ is the only evidence we have, making further inference would be unsound.

I make no statements of certainty, but I’m with Carl Sagan on “Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.”

We have absentee voting in Ohio, we've had it for at least 10 years or more. They send you a application for an absentee ballot REQUEST. You fill it out and then they send you the actual request! I did all that and I will receive my ballot sometime in the middle of October.  We can also track our ballot once we mail it. 

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

We have absentee voting in Ohio, we've had it for at least 10 years or more. They send you a application for an absentee ballot REQUEST. You fill it out and then they send you the actual request! I did all that and I will receive my ballot sometime in the middle of October.  We can also track our ballot once we mail it. 

Dropping mine off on Monday to the Board of Elections.

Do you folks have Advance Polls?

We have them here in Canada, to accommodate people who will be away from their Riding or are unable to get to the Polling Station on Election Day.

We are mailed a Poll Card, telling us/confirming  where to go to cast our ballots, where the Advance Polls are located and reminding us to bring the Poll Card and photo ID. Your name is crossed off the list of electors in your riding as you are handed your ballot.

19 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Do you folks have Advance Polls?

We have them here in Canada, to accommodate people who will be away from their Riding or are unable to get to the Polling Station on Election Day.

We are mailed a Poll Card, telling us/confirming  where to go to cast our ballots, where the Advance Polls are located and reminding us to bring the Poll Card and photo ID. Your name is crossed off the list of electors in your riding as you are handed your ballot.

I can't speak to every state, but here in Tennessee we have "Early Voting"; which is how my wife and I have voted for the last several elections. 

On 9/5/2020 at 10:13 AM, Whiskey Hicks said:

But that could be transferable to National elections. 

GOP ballots are the only ones at risk for being "lost."

Simple solution for those who are concerned about Democrat vote-by-mail fraud: HAND CARRY your completed ballot to your precinct collection point.

Use a box inside a gov't building, as these lock-boxes are harder for Democrat activists to steal.

Get them in EARLY so they will be counted on election night.

Vote-By-Mail primary ballots have previously marked externally as (R) or (D) bar code, which makes it easy for post office and collection activists to "lose" those (R) marked ballots.

A single activist Post Office employee can "lose" entire bags of ballots.
This is already well documented, time and time again.

You would not trust the Post Office with a winning lottery ticket, so why trust them with your ballot?

HAND CARRY your vote-by-mail ballot to a secure collection point.

On 9/4/2020 at 8:47 PM, watab kid said:

whats wrong with showing up with an ID ? 

Worked for me for all but one of my first 51 years of voting.  Since then I have used a mail in ballot, usually mailing it in the day after I get it. That one time, the only time in my life I didn't cast a ballot at all, I was in Vietnam and my mail in ballot didn't get to me until a month after the elections.

On 9/5/2020 at 10:13 AM, Whiskey Hicks said:

Those "local election" fraud cases can have wide-reaching consequences.

Our "local" elections have sent the same fella to Congress for over fourteen years.  He "plays for the other team," in a district that is generally conservative.  At least twice he's been beaten in the general election - and surprisingly "won" weeks later, thanks to "previously misplaced bags/boxes/bins/bales" (chose your favorite 'B' word) of ballots being found.

And now "ballot harvesting" is legal in California (signed into law by Jerry Brown in 2016).  That, combined with statewide mail-in ballots, and the "jungle primary system" has pretty much sounded the death knell for a certain party in California.  And a certain way of life.  

'Tis a perfect storm.  :(

5 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Those "local election" fraud cases can have wide-reaching consequences.

Portland, New York, Minneapolis, Ferguson, Baltimore -- every city that has had violence has mayors and city councils that were put in place by local elections. These are the people whose policy and personnel decisions have created the situations that are being protested, and driven the responses (or lack thereof) to the violence.

On 9/5/2020 at 12:13 PM, Whiskey Hicks said:

I agree when absentee ballots must be requested, but that is not what is happening this year in a number of very blue states.  They are proactively mailing ballots to every registered voter, even when their voter rolls have been shown to have high percentages of bad addresses and deceased voters still on them.  This is ripe for ballot harvesting.  It has and will happen. https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2018/12/12/ballot_fraud_american-style_and_its_bitter_harvests.html 

Additionally, many of those same states currently plan to start their ballot counting weeks before the election.  Anyone who believes those numbers won't be leaked and used to manipulate voter activity during the weeks leading to election day is asleep at the wheel.

On 9/5/2020 at 9:10 AM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I actually have no fear of mail in voting.

You can, on occasion, get up to 175% vote over those registered in some Chicago precincts .  It is  abysmal in Chicago.  I lived there for over 30 years - and left.

STL Suomi

Georgia just concluded a statewide voter fraud investigation and will be charging 1,000 people with voting or attempting to vote twice during the last election.  I remember the hanging chad election where Florida determined whether we had a President Bush or a President Dole.   In most states, 1,000 votes wouldn't make much difference, but in swing states, it could make all the difference.

"Vote-By-Mail primary ballots have previously marked externally as (R) or (D) bar code, which makes it easy for post office and collection activists to "lose" those (R) marked ballots."

Why in the world would a mail in ballot be marked on the outside with which party it's for? That seems to invite manipulation. There aren't separate polling places for Republicans and Democrats. 

How it's done in Mexico:

In order to be able to vote, all Mexican citizens must obtain a photographic voter identification card from the National Electoral Institute (Instituto Nacional Electoral [INE]). To receive a card, potential voters need:

• Proof of either their birth in Mexico or their naturalization
  • Some form of photo ID
  • Proof of their residence

With these three documents, a potential voter can request their Credentials to Vote card (Credencial para Votar).

As absurd as it sounds, it can be easier for a Mexican citizen to vote in California than in Mexico.  

PLUS ONE too Whiskey Hicks.  Carl Sagan.

Most quoted Wild Claims of "voter Fraud" are just that.  Wild Claims with no actual substance.  Just repeated by PARROTS so many times folks begin to believe.  And then we have leadership actually suggesting committing crimes by voting twice.  It is a crime.  When someone you don't like is elected, jumping up and claiming FRAUD is just dumb.

The occurrence of voting fraud is real; the frequency of it, and its effect on particular election outcomes is, I suspect, variable.  Bottom line - it's probably groundless to claim that it did or did not effect the outcome UNLESS it is closely policed, investigated and applicable laws enforced.

There are lots of opportunities for fraud if this is not done.

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud

Samples of investigated and prosecuted fraud from every state - and some illustrated cases that I never would have guessed could happen.  Intriguing how many cases involve hundreds of misused absentee ballots, submitted fraudulently by election workers and elected officials.  The single votes by folks lying about their identity do not bother me greatly; their likely effect is very slight.  But a poll worker jamming 250 stolen absentee ballots into the box for their candidate of choice, by itself or by several workers, could swing a close race.

LL

Why there were marked (D) and (R) is beyond me.
I understand that is not legal, and Florida got spanked for doing it in a primary.

Don't lose sight of the meat of my post:  HAND CARRY your mail ballot to a secure collection box.

I live in CA, and they are notorious find "finding" suitcases of (Democrat-only) ballots for weeks after the polls close.

Archived