SASS Wire Forum

Moon Shot

Utah Bob #35998

Carol got me a new lens for the camera. First attempt at a decent moon photo.
Too bad I couldn’t get a pic Tuesday as it was coming up huge and pumpkin colored.

5B1D9025-7DA0-4823-BFA7-16703C94B96B.jpeg

I’m hungry for cheese now.

42 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Why didn't you use color film? :rolleyes:

What’s film?? :D

56 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Beautiful!

Details? Camera? Lens?

Canon T7 Rebel and a Canon EFS 55-250 mm lens. ISO 100, 1/60, F11, Tripod mount, remote shutter.

And you still can't see Eagle's (Apollo 11) descent stage? You need something bigger...like maybe the 200 inch reflector on Mt. Palomar! :rolleyes:  Seriously, beautiful shot!  Tuesday's was the Corn Moon.  Won't see that again for another three years! :(  At least you could see this one.  In Denver, between heavy summer clouds and the smoke and haze from all the fires, we're lucky if we can see anything in the skies.

15 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

And you still can't see Eagle's (Apollo 11) descent stage? You need something bigger...like maybe the 200 inch reflector on Mt. Palomar! :rolleyes:  Seriously, beautiful shot!  Tuesday's was the Corn Moon.  Won't see that again for another three years! :(  At least you could see this one.  In Denver, between heavy summer clouds and the smoke and haze from all the fires, we're lucky if we can see anything in the skies.

The smoke has been real thick here too. It just cleared up on Tuesday. I wish I would have been able to get the rising of the big orange pumpkin but I was traveling back from town. It was awesome!

Imagine if earth had two moons.....

2020_09_04_07_59_17.jpg.6c3022ce02fc517d07850e0850d7d731.jpg

It would be astronomical! ;)

17 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Canon T7 Rebel and a Canon EFS 55-250 mm lens. ISO 100, 1/60, F11, Tripod mount, remote shutter.

Henley the Scrounger:  Werner, that’s a focal plane shutter.

12 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Imagine if earth had two moons.....

2020_09_04_07_59_17.jpg.6c3022ce02fc517d07850e0850d7d731.jpg

It would be astronomical! ;)

That's what I expected to see, A group photo of my fraternity reunion.  And you spelled ass-tronomical wrong.

I like Bob's better.  We have clear skies here most of the time.  When we first moved here we went somewhere  night with my friend from college days.  We walked a ways and I stopped and Marc asked what I was looking at?"   I told him "all those stars."

He said "Yeah.  We didn't have those in New York, either."

We get a phenominum here called a Rose Moon.  Stunning.

20 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

That's really great clarity. I think I see folks swimming and surfing in the Sea of Tranquility. And, they don't appear to be social distancing...:lol:

2 hours ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

That's really great clarity. I think I see folks swimming and surfing in the Sea of Tranquility. And, they don't appear to be social distancing...:lol:

Not to mention the bovine, although small, on the right side at about 2:00.

Archived