SASS Wire Forum

Firearms Insurance Companies

Does anyone have recommendations for companies that insure firearms that they have personally dealt with.  My home and auto are with State Farm but they want too much for an additional "rider" to cover guns.

Found a company "Collectible Insurance Services" that gave me a decent quote but would like to know of others. Would like to insure for replacement value.

Was thinking of going thru the NRA's Carry Guard program but it seems they stopped that with all their financial troubles lately.

thanks on advance for any leads pards !!

I'm glad you posted this question, Red-Eyed Kid.  I'm looking forward to the answers that will be provided.  I've been renting for the last few years, and very few renter's policies cover firearms.  My under-construction house will be finished in a few weeks, and I'll need info on firearm's insurance aside from regular home-owner's insurance as well.

Thanks LaRue, I'll have to check them out.

Spoke to an agent from "Collectible" and without giving away what guns I may or may not own or value, due to losses from boating accidents, LOL; it costs about $90 a year for every $10,000 worth of firearms insured.

That's on the assumption , they are in a safe (not just a cabinet), you have deadbolts on all outside doors and a little cheaper than that if you have a home alarm system. They would also be covered if stolen or damaged from your vehicle. Keep a list of all makes/ models and serial numbers, agent said pictures weren't required but would be helpful.

I recently contacted USAA about insuring my guns. The agent said I needed to have my home owners insurance policy with them to purchase the extra insurance for my guns. I haven’t done that. I may check their home owners policy cost against my present carrier.

CJ

Archived