Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

NRA


Matthew Duncan

Recommended Posts

Anyone else receive a "Banned Guns Giveaway" email from NRA?  Did you click on the "ENTER NOW" and ...?  I've tried from my desk iMac, iPad and iPhone several times and at different times of the day.  Nothing.  Just hangs there.  No error message no nothing.  Wondering if it's my Apple equipment, my ISP or ?

 

 

NRA.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah ... I got the email a couple of times.

I don't normally enter those type of things but ... just to try ... to see what it did ...

I went back into my deleted email from yesterday and clicked on the "Enter Now" frame (as in your photo above).

It took me to a web page with "tickets" to select the firearm I wanted ... a donatation form ... etc .. .

I didn't enter but it appears to work OK ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Anyone else receive a "Banned Guns Giveaway" email from NRA?  Did you click on the "ENTER NOW" and ...?  I've tried from my desk iMac, iPad and iPhone several times and at different times of the day.  Nothing.  Just hangs there.  No error message no nothing.  Wondering if it's my Apple equipment, my ISP or ?

 

 

NRA.png

 

It works for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 I used to know a guy who worked at an electrical supply house named Steve. He sent in a contest entry from Field and Stream.....won the grand prize. Brand new Chevy truck, bass boat w/motor, top of the line shotgun/fishing equipment, cash and some other stuff. Up until then, I didn't believe that real people won this kind of stuff.

 

Still, if involved entering it electronically.....I wouldn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

 I used to know a guy who worked at an electrical supply house named Steve. He sent in a contest entry from Field and Stream.....won the grand prize. Brand new Chevy truck, bass boat w/motor, top of the line shotgun/fishing equipment, cash and some other stuff. Up until then, I didn't believe that real people won this kind of stuff.

 

Still, if involved entering it electronically.....I wouldn't.

 

Steve - funny name for an electrical supply house.:P

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

 

Steve - funny name for an electrical supply house.:P

+1 ... Yep ... you're right!! 

"Steve" would usually be a plumber ... (no kidding ... go ahead ... Goggle "Steve the Plumber") ...  s10.gif.433630a8428b87b816af507da455c7c9.gif

 

An electrical supply house would be an "Eric" or "Tom" or something ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in '87 I won an all-expenses paid trip to Maui on a radio contest.  :)

 

"All-expenses paid" still ain't cheap.  :huh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Back in '87 I won an all-expenses paid trip to Maui on a radio contest.  :)

 

"All-expenses paid" still ain't cheap.  :huh:

Hah. Try it today! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried it from a Windows machine.  Turned out to be the typical NRA bait and switch.  Yes I could enter the contest online only if I donated $$$$$.  No donation then I have to print out a form and mail it in.  Trashed the email.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

 

Steve - funny name for an electrical supply house.:P

 

Not as funny as the name of the supply house.....Raybro

 

All electricians have been named Sparky at times.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I worked at Great America in CA, we had an electrician whose nickname was "The Prince of Darkness".  Every time you sent him out on a job, one-quarter of a 100-acre amusement park would drop off grid!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

All electricians have been named Sparky at times.

 

Except here in the southwest, where some are called Chispas!

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Smoky Pistols said:

When I worked at Great America in CA, we had an electrician whose nickname was "The Prince of Darkness".  Every time you sent him out on a job, one-quarter of a 100-acre amusement park would drop off grid!

Was his name Lucas and did he smoke?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Was his name Lucas and did he smoke?

I take it you've owned a few British sports cars, Hendo.  I've restored many Triumphs, and have cussed Lucas more than once.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Smoky Pistols said:

LOL, no.  I guess you knew one, too!

If you've ever owned a British car, refrigerator, lamp, or anything with Lucas wiring, you would know. In fact, the only thing that Lucas built that didn't suck was their vacuums .

image.png.187c925de8243a2a341378066cb1fc29.png

image.thumb.png.8322395307d90d8c3abb06773bb7a18a.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

I take it you've owned a few British sports cars, Hendo.  I've restored many Triumphs, and have cussed Lucas more than once.

Worked on a few.

Then there was this Nash Metropolitan....

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I once bought a new Triumph TR7 that suffered two electrical fires after the first year of ownership. Thus ended my interest  in anything British. 

 

Triumphs are the sexiest bikes out there! ;)

 

Any Jeep guy will tell you it's a love/hate relationship with their Jeep. I've done more wrenching on jeeps in my life than anything else with a motor but I know all continue to do so since it's in my blood. Funny thing is I always discourage people from becoming a Jeep owner knowing what it leads to. Triumph motorcycles were going to have that same effect on me so after I lost the opportunity to purchase a Steve McQueen edition T100 Bonneville  I walked away from that venture knowing going down that rabbit hole would not be something easy to crawl out of. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Hendo said:

I'm a life member, but until they get their house in order, I'm hesitant to send any gold their way.

Agree 100%

 

GOA and SAF are great options.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.