SASS Wire Forum

North vs South

Dirty Dutch Brody

So I very new to CAS (1st season) but I had a idea for a event and I'm just curious if anything like this has ever been done. What if there was a event where people had to dress in either civil war era northern or southern soldier attire. Individual scores would be kept but at the end of the event scores would be added and the winning team would be determined. Either North or South. The team with most black powder shooters would get extra points... I know a rough idea and maybe kinda silly but thought would be fun to root for a team..

It would be too expensive for most people to buy the proper uniforms for something that wasn't done very often. 

Eldorado - the SASS Nevada state championship utilized a "team" concept within the main match with the Battle of the States award.

Basically; every state that fielded 10 or more shooters was eligible for inclusion.

At the end of the match - the top 10 shooters from each state had their scores added together.

The state with the lowest score was the State winner.

With a 150 - 200 shooters this would usually yield 4 - 5 states in the running.

Obviously a match could lower the required number from each state to increase eligibility if desired - but we found 10 shooters was pretty much the sweet spot.

I was thinking about that so just a piece of 2 of clothing that would identify which side you were on like a hat or pants or something. It was just an idea. But now that Jefro points out the skirmish i will need to check that out lol. I was just thinking of some kind of team event would be fun.

I'd do it! Maybe a blue or gray cap and a shirt to match if you don't have the whole outfit. Sounds like fun! I'd even dirty up my guns and use some BP!

BTW, I'm a Yankee all the way!!

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I'd do it! Maybe a blue or gray cap and a shirt to match if you don't have the whole outfit. Sounds like fun! I'd even dirty up my guns and use some BP!

BTW, I'm a Yankee all the way!!

I'm a Yankee by birth but a rebel at heart...

My family started in England/Scotland border area, moved to Pennsylvania then Virginia on the west side which broke from Virginia and became West Virginia and for the North so I would have to wear green and carry a sharps.

8 hours ago, Pee Wee #15785 said:

My family started in England/Scotland border area, moved to Pennsylvania then Virginia on the west side which broke from Virginia and became West Virginia and for the North so I would have to wear green and carry a sharps.

Or just wear a kilt.... :)

I still have my wool uniform... it's too big for me now, but I'd give it a shot.  But only in winter.  My days of wearing full uniform in the summer sun are long over.

• 2 weeks later...

In the Harley Owners Group (HOG) we have a competition called HOGS vs. PIGS.  Teams of riders from the various HOG chapters ride an obstacle course against a team of Traffic Motorcycle Cops.

SASS could have a similar thing of Lawmen vs. Outlaws.  It would be an added bonus if the Lawmen team members were actually current or former LEO or military...or cops from the host city.

2 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

In the Harley Owners Group (HOG) we have a competition called HOGS vs. PIGS.  Teams of riders from the various HOG chapters ride an obstacle course against a team of Traffic Motorcycle Cops.

SASS could have a similar thing of Lawmen vs. Outlaws.  It would be an added bonus if the Lawmen team members were actually current or former LEO or military...or cops from the host city.

That would be a lot of fun.

5 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

It’s been done for most of the last decade at various clubs in the Southwest.

Picacho Posse in Las Cruces NM has raised 10s of thousands of dollars for rape crisis center and battered children’s organizations! 

We called it... Cops and Cowboys:)

Archived