SASS Wire Forum

Tom Terrific passes

Blackwater 53393

Tom Seaver passed today at age 75.

One of the best pitchers in major league history! One of the ‘69 World Series heroes and part of The Amazin’ Mets!!

A gentleman and a true sportsman!

That's so sad.  :(

One of my favorite baseball memories is of a Giants - Mets game at Candlestick, back around the mid-70's.  I was sitting there telling my buddy Paul Weiser something, when everyone in the stands started to guffaw.

I turned and looked at the mound, and Tom Seaver was standing with his back to the plate - watching as some fool who had hopped onto the field, nekkid as a baby bird, was streaking the bases, with security and groundskeepers in hot pursuit.

Tom was laughing as hard as anyone in the stands; it took him a few moments to settle down enough to resume hurling the leather-covered sphere....  ^_^  

Don Cardwell   102 career wins

Gary Gentry.       46 career wins

Tug McGraw 96 wins  180 saves

Jerry Koosman   222 career wins

Ron Taylor        45 wins. 74 saves

Nolan Ryan     324 wins  5714  SOs

Cal Koonce      47 wins.   24 saves

others I don’t remember 

Tom Seaver had some great pitchers surrounding him! His own career stats: 311 wins  3640 SOs

What a staff!!

Apparently he had Lyme disease and dementia, sad.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/02/mets-and-the-baseball-world-mourn-the-death-of-tom-seaver/

16 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Tom Seaver passed today at age 75.

One of the best pitchers in major league history! One of the ‘69 World Series heroes and part of The Amazin’ Mets!!

A gentleman and a true sportsman!

His baseball card was the first I ever collected.

7 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

"Seaver died in his sleep of complications of Lewy Body Dementia and COVID-19, according to a release from the Baseball Hall of Fame on Wednesday night."

Seaver's dementia was diagnosed about a year and a half ago; typically, a person will hang in for five to eight years after diagnosis.  

Ted Turner has LBD.  Robin Williams had it, as did Casey Kasem, first baseman William Buckner, and a bunch of other well-known people.  

Closer to home, Helen Brimstone's sister.  :( 

Archived