SASS Wire Forum

Moose Chilling Out

Subdeacon Joe

15 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I've seen the last one before.  Isn't it surprising how even awkward, ugly critters can have cute babies?

They are cute so that nobody kills them just because they are ugly, unlike spiders and snakes.

A moose once bit my sister...
No realli! She was Karving her initials on the moose with the sharpened end of an interspace toothbrush given her by Svenge—her brother-in-law— an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian movies: "The Hot Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Molars of Horst Nordfink"...
Mynd you, moose bites Kan be pretti nasti...

A couple of years back someone taped a moose going into a department store. A woman followed the moose with not much more than 6 ' distancing .The  dude with the camera was very close, close enough that you could hear with great detail the sounds of the moose crushing the woman's skull. After she fell the moose continued to methodically break as many bones as he could find.

Convinced me that if I were to ever hunt one it would be with a great big gun.

7 hours ago, Noz said:

A couple of years back someone taped a moose going into a department store. A woman followed the moose with not much more than 6 ' distancing .The  dude with the camera was very close, close enough that you could hear with great detail the sounds of the moose crushing the woman's skull. After she fell the moose continued to methodically break as many bones as he could find.

I worked a summer at Yellowstone.  You would be dumfounded at the number of people who would get dangerously close to the animals because "They're tame, you know."

Hey Edith, put the kids on the moose so I can get a picture."

7 hours ago, Noz said:

Killed by the Disney Syndrome. 

Folks can't understand that wild animals are actually wild and don't like humans.  They don't sing, dance, talk or wear clothes.

If you want a bigger taste of what happens when you let city folk out of town and into the woods without close supervision, do a web search for 'Bison Selfie'- but brace yourself for the stupid you will discover.

9 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I worked a summer at Yellowstone.  You would be dumfounded at the number of people who would get dangerously close to the animals because "They're tame, you know."

Møøse trained by YUTTE HERMSGERVØRDENBRØTBØRDA
Special Møøse Effects OLAF PROT
Møøse Costumes SIGGI CHURCHILL
Møøse Choreographed by HORST PROT III
Miss Taylor's Møøses by HENGST DOUGLAS-HOME
Møøse trained to mix concrete and sign complicated insurance forms by JURGEN WIGG
Møøses' noses wiped by BJØRN IRKESTØM-SLATER WALKER
Large møøse on the left hand side of the screen in the third scene from the end, given a thorough grounding in Latin, French and "O" Level Geography by BO BENN
Suggestive poses for the Møøse suggested by VIC ROTTER
Antler-care by LIV THATCHER

Them Moose goosers by Mason Williams

How about them Moose goosers, Ain't they recluse?
Up in them boondocks, goosin' them moose
Goosin' them huge moose, goosin' them tiny,
Goosin them medow moose in they hinny!
Look at them Moose goosers, Ain't they dumb?
Some use an umbrella, some use they thumb.
Them obtuse Moose goosers, sneakin' through the woods,
pokin' they snoozey moose in they goods,
How to be a Moose gooser? It'll turn you puce; 
Get your gooser loose, and rouse a drowsy moose!

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Forrest Forrest Gump might have said in response to this,  "Tame is as tame ain't." ;)

Archived