SASS Wire Forum

Birthday girl.

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Hope you were able to celebrate her memory today. 

I went to lunch in our favorite Mexican restaurant, put her picture on the table across from me and thought about all the things I should have said to her.  I had a table in a corner alone and the waitress knows me so she pretty much left me alone.

That was a beautiful sentiment Forty, glad that they left you alone to reminisce with your wife on her birthday.

After you inviting me and Schoolmarm into your home for a few days, I appreciate what She meant to you!  Your memories and mementos portray a wonderful life shared.

I know you miss her. We miss her for you.

I lost my wife of 52 years this last March 2nd. I know it is a short time ago. I still have trouble seeing the screen when I’m thinking of her. I hope it gets easier eventually.

40 I’m glad you could remember your wife with some comfort. God Bless You

CJ

2 hours ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

I lost my wife of 52 years this last March 2nd. I know it is a short time ago. I still have trouble seeing the screen when I’m thinking of her. I hope it gets easier eventually.

CJ

It will get easier trust me it will.  I still talk to mine and sometimes I think I can hear her talk back.  But then I think that after so many years together we could actually read each other's mind and knew what the other would say.  We were also at 52 yrs going on 53.

After losing mine after only twenty years together, I can't even imagine what some of you have gone through, but you have my deepest sympathies.  The anniversary I hate to see is coming up in just 15 days.  Keep the happy memories safe in your hearts, brothers!

6 hours ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

It will get easier trust me it will.  I still talk to mine and sometimes I think I can hear her talk back.  But then I think that after so many years together we could actually read each other's mind and knew what the other would say.  We were also at 52 yrs going on 53.

Dawg

Thank you for the encouragement. 

CJ

Bless all of you who have lost your spouses.  I'm sure that's very difficult.  Know they are still with you in your memories.  Know you have lots of friends here to help you through the difficult times.

"peace on earth and goodwill........." its those of us left behind that struggle with these things , keep in mind that they who are gone would never wish this turmoil on us , would give anything to be able to relieve that weight , miss them yes , keep those left behind close and treasure them , 

I still have her voice on the answering machine.  It's the only record I have of her voice.  My daughter made a copy on a thumb drive, but it doesn't sound the same.  After 51 years you would think I had audio to go with all the pictures, but I don't

4 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I still have her voice on the answering machine.  It's the only record I have of her voice.  My daughter made a copy on a thumb drive, but it doesn't sound the same.  After 51 years you would think I had audio to go with all the pictures, but I don't

Interesting point.  I have a few things on Youtube where we are playing with the dog and have a few seconds of Lisa's voice, but that's all.  I'm not sure if I could bear up hearing her voice if the reposes before I do.

Archived