SASS Wire Forum

Primers

Tombstone Shootist1

35 minutes ago, bgavin said:

I practice with a pair of Single Six Bisley after my weekly trap shoot.
22LR is cheap to shoot, and I'm well stocked up.

I am doing the same but 22lr ain't so cheap anymore.

I've found a small stocks of primers on the shelves of "off the beaten track" rural stores.  But nothing at any of the on-line retailers or the "big-box" stores.  All the stores in my city are out of stock. 

Surprisingly, I've been able to find 9mm and .223 ammo, but not much 5.56

All those 22LR "bucket of bullets" are sold out.
Buying ammo in CA is onerous and lengthy, and not worth the hassle if I can't buy in bulk.

I have a generous stash of 22LR accumulated when they became plentiful again after the previous shortage.
The stores over the state line are just as bare, especially in the calibers you mention above.
Shot shells are a bit more plentiful for trap.

One of my trap buddies bought thirty 25-lb bags of #7.5 shot from an old boy who was going into a home.
He divested himself of all his reloading supplies, guns, boat, truck, trailer, etc.
My friend shoot almost every day, and loads his own 20-gauge with 20/28 and old-styl AA hulls.

2 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Ummmmm .. Ah ...... What is this "Practicing" or "Practice" of which you speak???  Does not compute  :rolleyes:

New to SASS.

I practice proper loading/unloading table procedures and gunfighter style.
My pair of Single Six Bisley are same general weight and feel as my Bisley Vaqueros.
Henry Frontier is a 22LR version of our Marlin 1894.

I'm doing this week after week to train my hands to this being a muscle memory habit.
Same as I do at the trap range..

I'm shooting trap with an 870 and extended magazine.
My buds have no objection when I load five at a time for each stage.

I want the 870 handling to be 100% 2nd nature, should the need pull up in front of my house with evil intent.

Archived