SASS Wire Forum

Interesting tidbit on vaccine.

Raylan

Doesn't necessarily mean ready by then but read unofficially that at least on vaccine will submit results to FDA by Oct 22nd for approval. But that is just unofficial scuttlebutt and could just be crap, just as this be ready by date doesn't mean a roll out then. 

https://nypost.com/2020/09/02/cdc-tells-states-to-be-ready-to-distribute-covid-19-vaccine-by-nov-1/

5 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I look at this as kind of like buying a first model year car. I think I will hold off on the vaccine a while after it’s released.

I'm sure there will be plenty that will get it so we can wait and see what happens. 

If that sounds cruel, so be it.

13 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I'm sure there will be plenty that will get it so we can wait and see what happens. 

If that sounds cruel, so be it.

I am right there with you. 

I remember the cases of Guillan-Barre syndrome that were supposedly caused by the Swine Flu vaccine in 1976.  More recent research tends to dispute the vaccine as a cause.  But I don’t want to be the first in line for a vaccine that has not been thoroughly tested.

The frying pan is not yet hot enough for me to risk jumping into a fire.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I look at this as kind of like buying a first model year car. I think I will hold off on the vaccine a while after it’s released.

You may not have a choice. :unsure:

26 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I remember the cases of Guillan-Barre syndrome that were supposedly caused by the Swine Flu vaccine in 1976.  More recent research tends to dispute the vaccine as a cause.  But I don’t want to be the first in line for a vaccine that has not been thoroughly tested.

The frying pan is not yet hot enough for me to risk jumping into a fire.

Define thoroughly.

48 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Define thoroughly.

following regular FDA protocols for testing, which can take several years for evaluation, rather than rushing one into use.

edit:

link added for details:

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/vaccine-development-testing-and-regulati

8 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

You may not have a choice. :unsure:

As in “the government forces me” or “because things really get bad and desperation sets in”?

I'm one of them guys stopped getting the flu shot because.....ummmmm......I dunno why LOL. Don't remember. Might have been a bad reaction one year, no idea. Been a while since I had one. Not taking the flu shot is kind of like a running joke between me and my doc because he knows my background and the second thing Uncle Sam likes to do to new recruits is seventy-eleven different shots.

I did get my tetanus booster recently, the hepB series (from work) and a couple different pneumonia shots. I see my doc next week for routine stuff and I have already notified him I will be accepting the regular flu shot this year. (I think he's looking forward to it, LOL.)

I will not however, be taking any covid vaccine for the forseeable future. I well remember all the times their vaccines caused some weirdo malady and I'm not gonna be no crash test dummy for dot gov.

Oh, and they can't make me. Like to see'em try. :D

I'm bout purt near fed up with their fake pandemic anyhoo.

On 9/2/2020 at 6:24 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

yeah, me too!!!!!

17 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

As in “the government forces me” or “because things really get bad and desperation sets in”?

No. Because there will be a very long line of 350 million people and probably a very short supply of vaccine. So even if you want to get it quickly, chances are you won’t be able to.

I don't get a flu shot. I have never taken it to my knowledge. I figure I would rather take my changes than take it and have it almost kill me.

The last one my older sister got made her sick for weeks and she end up in the Mayo Clinic in Minneapolis, MN in bad shape from the side effects and they liked to never got her straightened out and she came too close for comfort of not getting back home.

If they come up with a vaccine, I might be in the back of the line or at least see what happens to the first million or so that take it. Then I will check with the doc as he is not a big pill and shot pusher like several I have had in the past. Hopefully, there will be a good outcome down the road from this mess.

5 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

No. Because there will be a very long line of 350 million people and probably a very short supply of vaccine. So even if you want to get it quickly, chances are you won’t be able to.

Ah! I see. That is a very good point. 

Don’t worry. There will be plenty...for everyone in Congress, Federal employees, State Government “officials”, State Employees and socially active Actors, Actresses, Media types and Musicians. They’re all “Essential”, you know...

Pat (who’s sarcasm even bothers him, sometimes) Riot

20 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

There are ongoing conversations as to who will get a vaccine first.  From the "most at risk" to the least.  The definitions of each group will become "political".

The whole d@mn thing has been political from the get go; why would a vaccine be any different.

I personally think Schumer, Pelosi, AOC and few other select dems should set an example and get it on day one.

Archived