SASS Wire Forum

Arrgghh

Utah Bob #35998

The past week has been package hell. A package I sent to Ireland went south, then west to Los Angeles. I assumed it would go to New York or new Jersey and then over the pond. Not sure where it is now. Several things I ordered from Amazon have been delayed, with constant "There's a problem" updates. Last one I got this morning said I could cav=ncel the order. I clicked on Cancel. Later I got another message. "We were unable to cancel your order as it is preparing to ship". How convenient. We'll see how long that takes.

Then checking my order list I see one order was delivered to the post office box on Monday. Odd, it wasn't there Monday, Or Tuesday. Nor today! Sold and shipped by Amazon it said

But yesterday I did get a can of spray polish from a bike shop in Coconut Grove FL. BikeSomewhere.com . I've never heard of em. Never ordered a thing from them. I checked all my credit cards on line and no such payment to this place. Sent em an email no response yet.

Then I contacted Amazon. They said you have to request a return from the seller before you're authorized a refund.. But the seller was supposed to be Amazon!!. Well I clicked the request a return button and guess what. The mystery bike shop popped up. so I sent the required message thriugh the Amazon system tell in them they screwed up. Haven't heard anything yet.

This is what I ordered

Tach.thumb.jpg.fe25c2f426c347fe2d836a92fe7a85c9.jpg

This is what I got. Very similar yes?

No:angry:

Tach2.jpg

Well, the logos are red white and black...

I know! It’s Antifa messing with you! :P

On July 26th I ordered a Chilton’s manual for my Miata from Amazon. It was scheduled to arrive August 2nd which got changed to the 3rd. It was to ship USPS. 
On August 14th I checked on my delivery and got a note from Amazon that they had no idea but I could get a refund. I cussed the USPS thinking they were playing games due to the BS going on. On the 24th I checked again and it turns out it wasn’t the USPS at all. The slackers that sold me the book didn’t take it to the post office to ship until August 19th. Buttheads! It arrived on the 26th. 
The seller is getting a 1 star rating. Also, they said the book was new. Sun faded and water damaged isn’t “new”. Bastages!

10 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I would bet that in their system the item numbers are almost identical. Some clerkr tyoping goodly.

I have been to Coconut Grove FL. Virtually a suburb of Miami. In the 70s it rivaled San Francisco for stoners and hippies. Probably still does.

I had a package from Amazon that was supposed to arrive yesterday.

Long about 3 in the afternoon I checked the tracking to see where it was.

It said the order had been canceled because it was undeliverable. They had sent it to Ohio instead of Florida, and therefore could not deliver it to me because I was not in Ohio. They were going to give me a refund.

I got in touch with customer service and told them I did not wish to have a refund. I wanted my order. They told me they could reorder and the three send me some of my order because it came from them, but part of my order came from the people that sold it and therefore they (Amazon) could not reorder for me. So they gave me a credit for the piece they could not reorder, and are going to send me the rest of it.

So they said. We shall see.

I ordered lifting hinges for an interior door from Amazon. They are sold in packages of two hinges per pack. I need three hinges. So, I ordered two packages. One package arrived last week. I checked my printed copy of my online receipt. It showed I was charged for two packages. Call Amazon and they said there is another package due for delivery last Tuesday. So far nothing. I will call them again. 
The heck of it is they are from the same supplier. Why ship two separate packages? I’m not paying for shipping as it is Amazon Prime. So they loose on the extra shipping charge. I know I pay for Prime but I do enough to make it worth it to me. Crazy system if you ask me!

CJ

The company contacted me via Amazon this morning and wanted a photo of the item I received in error.:rolleyes:

And here’s the final word. They blamed it on Amazon. Even though it was shipped from their shop. :rolleyes:  

Thank you for the images, it appears the Amazon system mismatched the product codes between our product you received and their listing for an item we do not carry. A full refund has been submitted on your payment.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.
Daniel

I ordered a new car cover for the Miata from Amazon two weeks ago.

Received an email 08/29 saying that it's been shipped - delivery should be sometime between 09/10 - 09/23. 

Reckon that sorta narrows it down....  :huh:

The part of the order they were going to resend arrived yesterday.

The original order had free shipping, so of course it was going to take 2 weeks to get here. The reship, which I called to complain about Wednesday, arrived in 3 days. They are trying to do right. When they screw up they usually fix it.

Archived