SASS Wire Forum

Things must be getting better

Trigger Mike

back in February lionel sent an email about a sale on their trains.  I ordered a  HO scale US Army hospital train.  Then I got an email saying everything was shut down and on backorder.   It just showed up today.  

I've wanted an army train for years and while in Germany was able to get a German army train.   

If we are back to making toys, perhaps things are looking up overall. 

Economy is per reports coming back especially with housing and manufacturing, got a feeling if NY, CA, IL and a few other states dropped their lock downs we'd be 3/4 of the way back to normal.  (And I'm not making a judgement on lockdowns or the need or not for them) Just saying that the economy so far looks better than many suggested that it would. Here is hoping and praying that 2020 ends with better news than it started - like an end to the pandemic, an end to rioting, and more jobs and freedom for everyone. 

58 minutes ago, Raylan said:

Economy is per reports coming back especially with housing and manufacturing, got a feeling if NY, CA, IL and a few other states dropped their lock downs we'd be 3/4 of the way back to normal.  (And I'm not making a judgement on lockdowns or the need or not for them) Just saying that the economy so far looks better than many suggested that it would. Here is hoping and praying that 2020 ends with better news than it started - like an end to the pandemic, an end to rioting, and more jobs and freedom for everyone. 

That's exactly why those states will stay locked down until after November 3rd. 

I wasn't aware that Lionel even sold Army trains in HO. (Not that I have much room on my layout for any more rolling stock.) What era? WWII or Korea or when?  What motive power?  I've got  three flatcars with a pair of M4A3E8's on two and a T-34 with the turret laying next to it, enroute to a proving grounds out West somewhere.  My layout is in the mid-late 1950's (when I was a kid riding Burlington Zephyrs to see my grandparents), and these tanks are back from Korea.  Seems the "Easy Eights tangled with the T-34 and put a 76mm through the side of the turret right at the ring.  Just something different.

Stay well, Pard!

Some places it's waning and in some it's spiking. Most of Europe and Asia are in better shape than us.

47 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

I wasn't aware that Lionel even sold Army trains in HO. (Not that I have much room on my layout for any more rolling stock.) What era? WWII or Korea or when?  What motive power?  I've got  three flatcars with a pair of M4A3E8's on two and a T-34 with the turret laying next to it, enroute to a proving grounds out West somewhere.  My layout is in the mid-late 1950's (when I was a kid riding Burlington Zephyrs to see my grandparents), and these tanks are back from Korea.  Seems the "Easy Eights tangled with the T-34 and put a 76mm through the side of the turret right at the ring.  Just something different.

Stay well, Pard!

It's a steam locomotive.  

I can't set it up yet, the layout table is in the area my sick son is.  He is better and not sick at all now but still has a few more days to quarantine.   I see him often to feed him and tell him to get outside and feed the chickens so probably could set it up.  I will wait for now

20200903_184439.jpg

On 9/2/2020 at 12:34 PM, Trigger Mike said:

back in February lionel sent an email about a sale on their trains.  I ordered a  HO scale US Army hospital train.  Then I got an email saying everything was shut down and on backorder.   It just showed up today.  

I've wanted an army train for years and while in Germany was able to get a German army train.   

If we are back to making toys, perhaps things are looking up overall. 

would be wonderful if it was true 

Archived