SASS Wire Forum

Loading gate screw ( small ) 1866

Track of the Wolf has the gates, I am not sure about the screws.

Brownells

Midway USA

VTI Gun Parts....

Description
Uberti HARDENED Factory Common 1866 LA Screws & Mainspring Set Mainspring, Mainspring Screw, Hammer Pin Screw, Lever Screw,Sideplate Screw, 2x Lever Spring Screws, Loading Gate Screw
Check Stock
Price
US$64.95

The small screw is for the older '66 gates that were "bulletproof".   When they went to the gates with the wimpy folded tab cartridge stop, they also went to the larger screw.  So the replacement gates from Track of the Wolf and such are to replace the newer gates and are also larger screw.  I think the changeover happened some time around when the s/n's passed 99999 and started over at W00001.

1 hour ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

The small screw is for the older '66 gates that were "bulletproof".   When they went to the gates with the wimpy folded tab cartridge stop, they also went to the larger screw.  So the replacement gates from Track of the Wolf and such are to replace the newer gates and are also larger screw.  I think the changeover happened some time around when the s/n's passed 99999 and started over at W00001.

Track of the Wolf carries both the old and the new stating small screw or large screw and explains how to tell the difference by the serial number.

1 hour ago, Lone Rider, SASS# 73063 said:

Track of the Wolf carries both the old and the new stating small screw or large screw and explains how to tell the difference by the serial number.

Good to know

Archived