SASS Wire Forum

But, a BLT???

Or made with Miracle Whip. That pasty white goo is an abomination to anyone who’s ever sampled the joy of real Hellman’s or Duke’s mayonnaise. 

You can also indict the BLT if it’s made with one of those tasteless off-season tomatoes that Kroger’s flies in from south of the equator. Just ain’t right. 

Here in Tennessee we’re in prime tomato season. My wife and I have been enjoying BLTs on a regular basis. 

Don't bother indicting anyone using Miracle Whip, just take em out to the wood shed...

59 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Or made with Miracle Whip. That pasty white goo is an abomination to anyone who’s ever sampled the joy of real Hellman’s or Duke’s mayonnaise. 

You can also indict the BLT if it’s made with one of those tasteless off-season tomatoes that Kroger’s flies in from south of the equator. Just ain’t right. 

Here in Tennessee we’re in prime tomato season. My wife and I have been enjoying BLTs on a regular basis. 

Au contraire, mon ami.....half the fat, half the calories, and a sweeter taste.

I never saw or tasted mayonnaise until I got married; our household was a pure Miracle Whip palace.  To this day, I prefer it, but will suffer mayo if nothing else is available.

Nothing beats a tomato sandwich on fresh bread with Miracle Whip - preferably using fresh tomatoes still warm from the sun.

LL

50 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

I never saw or tasted mayonnaise until I got married; our household was a pure Miracle Whip palace.  To this day, I prefer it, but will suffer mayo if nothing else is available.

I too, was raised in MW home but now find the taste of Hellman's much better

just goes to show you both have a loyal following

In the California justice system, they can even indict the ingredients of a BLT separately.

I grew up eating Miracle Whip. When I joined the Navy I had  to "endure" mayonnaise...One day I realized I loved Mayo and I no longer liked MW.

For nostalgia  I bought  some Miracle  Whip last year. Made one tomato sandwich with it and tossed the jar in the trash.

I love tomato sammiches with Best Foods (Hellman''s) mayonnaise.

I was a Hellman's person for most of my life, until moving here.  We wanted to buy some mayo but the store was out of Hellman's.  We bought a jar of Duke's Southern Mayonnaise.  What a taste difference!!!  We really enjoy that now.  Give it a try sometime.  You'll enjoy the difference.

https://www.dukesmayo.com/products/#mayonnaise

A few things I use Miracle Whip on: The BEST cole slaw in the world (from an old family recipe.  I don't know whose family it was because I stole it.) and cold chicken sandwiches on white toast.

Most other things get Hellman's or Duke's....or Best Food Relish Sandwich Spread on ham or balony.

4 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Speak for yourself, Charlie. I happen to like Miracle Whip. I put it on my Velveeta Samish, with pickles and onions just before I slather my white bread with down home country butter and grill the whole thing. 

I have tried Hellman's and it's taste doesn't work for me. Never had Dukes. 

Kraft real mayonnaise or Dukes when mayo is called for.  Miracle Whip for coleslaw or for a great tartar sauce.  I like either on a ham or bologna sangwidge with Velveeta on rye with a red onion, tomato, spicy dill slices, and a triple dash of black or cayenne pepper!

Well, there goes my salad for lunch.

Heading for the bacon drawer in the fridge.

Youse guys are hard on my diet!!

This has become my favorite, when I can find it:
Mayonesa McCormick Con Jugo de Limón 725 g en Walmart Ciudad de México

Kinda tangy, a little sweet, as the name implies, a touch of citrus twans, good texture.

Best Foods until about a year ago, maybe two years ago now that I think about it, put out a "Homestyle" mayo, very rich, very creamy, well balanced flavor. 

Like others, I grew up using Miracle Whip and see nothing wrong with it.  Not my first pick, but I don't shun it.

Mayonnaise on ham disgusts me.

Howdy,

A local place has combined the blt and the burger.

Why not combine our two favorite sandwiches?

They list wheat bread on the menu but I like rye marble if they have it.

The bacon is canadian the burger is on the thin side, 

Lettuce tomato and fresh onion with or without mayo. Yes I go both ways.

And I always add ketchup as any burger needs.

I order fries without salt. They claim they dont salt but I think sometimes they might.

It is the messiest sandwich around but worth it.

I often have it the day before I do laundry.

Best

CR

22 hours ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Green Chili's go good with tomato's.

Largo

Folks in NM think that Green Chilis go well with Fruit Loops or ice cream.  Ya'll eat them with everything.

If the choice is eat Miracle Whip or go without, I'm doing without. 

Putting Miracle Whip on a tomato sandwich is a waste of a perfectly good tomato.

23 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Kraft real mayonnaise or Dukes when mayo is called for.  Miracle Whip for coleslaw or for a great tartar sauce.  I like either on a ham or bologna sangwidge with Velveeta on rye with a red onion, tomato, spicy dill slices, and a triple dash of black or cayenne pepper!

Well, if we are going to throw Ham and Rye bread into the discussion, this changes everything. 

This combination can only be made with Miracle Whip and yellow mustard on smoked ham and rye bread,

or Grey Poupon and ham alone, on dark rye. All warshed down with a cold BREWSKI. 

That said, my Maternal Grandfather liked his own smoked hams, on rye with LIMBURGER CHEESE and no mustard or Miracle Whip. 

But Beer alongside. 

funny how our "taste"has been altered/modified by prolonged use and advertising of major brands over the years - even when they try to force change ..NEW COKE ...they still try to force feed till we rebel and refuse to buy , but i still like butter over margarine and prefer real mayonnaise 

We were married on a Friday night.  After the reception we drove a couple of hours to Memphis where we were going to catch a plane on Saturday.  We found a truck stop restaurant that was still open at midnight, and had BLTs for our first meal as a married couple.  So BLTs are special around here.

Hellman’s real mayo is in the fridge.

On 9/2/2020 at 5:24 PM, South-Eye Ned said:

Mayonnaise on ham disgusts me.

Then may I suggest some Grey Poupon Dijon , or perhaps French's yellow? 

Either goes great on a nice rye and a slice of Swiss, with maybe a slice of onion,

and a cold beer alongside? 

On 9/2/2020 at 4:47 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

This has become my favorite, when I can find it:
Mayonesa McCormick Con Jugo de Limón 725 g en Walmart Ciudad de México

Kinda tangy, a little sweet, as the name implies, a touch of citrus twans, good texture.

Best Foods until about a year ago, maybe two years ago now that I think about it, put out a "Homestyle" mayo, very rich, very creamy, well balanced flavor. 

Like others, I grew up using Miracle Whip and see nothing wrong with it.  Not my first pick, but I don't shun it.

Mexican Miracle Whip?

9 minutes ago, J.D. Daily said:

Mexican Miracle Whip?

Nope, real mayonnaise.  Just with a hint of lime. 

INGREDIENTS

Soybean Oil, Egg Yolks, Water, Distilled Vinegar, Sugar, Iodized Salt, Spices, Lime Juice Concentrate, Disodium EDTA (Added to Protect Flavor), Extractives of Paprika, Natural Flavor, and Extractives of Red Pepper.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Anybody ever try Ranch Dressing in place of mayo? None of that lite stuff though.

I also like Honey Mustard on sandwiches.

I love Ranch dressing myself; though maybe not quite this much:

Archived