SASS Wire Forum

Too old for a birthday?

Sixgun Seamus

We go to my son's house in the morning to get two grandkids on the school bus. (Parents are both school teachers and have to leave early.) Today is Cayenne Kay's birthday so I told my 3 1//2 yr old grand daughter that it was "Mamaw's" birthday. She quite pointedly looked at me and told me, "No it isn't! Mamaw is too old to have a birthday!" So, there you have it folks. In two weeks when the celebration of my natal day rolls around, I probably probably won't have a birthday either. Ain't it grand, now I guess we won't age anymore since we're "too old".

Scottish proverb:  Be happy while you’re living for you’re a long time dead.

Have a happy birthday and your wife, too.

1 hour ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

We go to my son's house in the morning to get two grandkids on the school bus. (Parents are both school teachers and have to leave early.) Today is Cayenne Kay's birthday so I told my 3 1//2 yr old grand daughter that it was "Mamaw's" birthday. She quite pointedly looked at me and told me, "No it isn't! Mamaw is too old to have a birthday!" So, there you have it folks. In two weeks when the celebration of my natal day rolls around, I probably probably won't have a birthday either. Ain't it grand, now I guess we won't age anymore since we're "too old".

That kid is on to something!! I like her!!;)

I like having birthdays. Gives me an excuse to buy myself stuff. As if I need an excuse... :D

3 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

We have a "birthday week".  About everything that we do or buy becomes a birthday gift or event.  New vacuum cleaner,  Happy Birthday!   Eat out "Happy Birthday!".  And so on.. 

I learned decades ago never to say Happy Birthday and the name of any appliance in a sentence. :D

My Missus likes gift cards, makes my life simple!

Archived