SASS Wire Forum

Electronic Targeting Systems

Cholla

A friend sent me a link to this company: https://silvermountaintargetsusa.com/

They produce electronic targeting so that the user can see where his shots are hitting on a screen of a computer, iPad, or smart phone. It sounds cool for long-range matches but the bottom FPS at the target is 1150 so I assume it would not be able to sense big-bore shooting such as 45-70 to 45-120 as they seem to leave the barrel not much higher than that.

Have any of you had experience with something like this?

At $650 to $850 each thats a lot of cash. The same amount will buy some decent spotting scopes.

We shoot out to 700 yards with some cross winds that really push the bullets. I could see one of us hitting the sensor standing next to the target.

There are a number of companies that use acoustic systems to determine shot location on a target. They ALL require the bullet to be supersonic at the target.  I have 8 of the Longshot LR3 cameras (made in TX) 2 sets of 4 as they only support 4 cameras per frequency. They are WONDERFUL !!!  At 1 mile you can see hits on a 4X4 target with bullets as small as .224 as clear as day. I use my 11" iPad as a viewer. They are the only target cameras that are worth buying in my opinion. I plan to buy another set of 4 next year.

Archived