Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sheriff Sam

SASS rules for costume category of SteamPunk

Recommended Posts

Does SASS allow any type of costuming for a steam punk category at all? If so where can I find more information on it please

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't believe "Steam Punk" is an official SASS category, therefore, no SASS regulation. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steampunk is normally combined with B-Western/Silver screen at Costume Contests.  It has been a standalone costume category the last 3 years at EOT. There are NO official rules as to what constitutes a Steampunk costume.  If the wearer says it is Steampunk it is judged by what normal Steampunk outfits look like. Copper Queen has bought a few Steampunk books with photos and history in order to properly judge costumes that are similar. 

 

As for shooting categories Steampunk costumes are worn in all categories except B-Western and Classic Cowboy/girl. Some local clubs actually have a Steampunk category.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Not a Cattle Gory at all.  No Rules.  No Regulations.  Just sport your Victorian Finery with Schmaltz.  Just can't dress in that manner for Classique Cowbuddy nor Bee Western.  Rolan Kraps came up with some "official" but "Unofficial" rules some time back, but since Steampunk ain't a real "thing" most have chosen to ignore those.  Use your imagination.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Keystone, SASS # 47578 said:

Don't believe "Steam Punk" is an official SASS category, therefore, no SASS regulation. 

+ 100000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say add it... Always wanted a bigger rulebook... And another costume checklist to fill out at WR and EOT...

 

<_<

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have several sub-categories supported by shooters such as Pale Rider, T-rex, Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation and such that carry on for fun and entertainment within the regular, recognized SASS categories. The rules, scores, and requirements handled by, policed by, and compiled by the involved participants!! Awards or recognition for the winners are the responsibility of those same participants.  It takes NOTHING away from the rest of the match and doesn’t interfere with anything, adds nothing to the “rule book”, and adds NOTHING to the cost of the match or to the labor needed to put the match on!!

 

Steampunk can, and SHOULD be allowed to do the same!!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

We have several sub-categories supported by shooters such as Pale Rider, T-rex, Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation and such that carry on for fun and entertainment within the regular, recognized SASS categories. The rules, scores, and requirements handled by, policed by, and compiled by the involved participants!! Awards or recognition for the winners are the responsibility of those same participants.  It takes NOTHING away from the rest of the match and doesn’t interfere with anything, adds nothing to the “rule book”, and adds NOTHING to the cost of the match or to the labor needed to put the match on!!

 

Steampunk can, and SHOULD be allowed to do the same!!

So you're saying that it should be handled outside of the regulating body of the match... But then say it should be allowed?

 

If the regulating body has no responsibility, why are you then saying it should be allowed?

 

I don't think anyone gives a crap about a group of friends having some internal, unofficial little competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

So you're saying that it should be handled outside of the regulating body of the match... But then say it should be allowed?

 

If the regulating body has no responsibility, why are you then saying it should be allowed?

 

I don't think anyone gives a crap about a group of friends having some internal, unofficial little competition.

 

DANG!!  You get it!!  

 

It costs NOTHING!!  

 

It requires NO extra involvement from the match infrastructure!!

 

It does NOTHING to interfere with the normal operation of the event, save perhaps a quick mention during the awards presentation!

 

YOU don’t have  to be involved if you don’t want to be!!

 

And those who DO choose to join in have a little extra fun!!

 

Are you saying then that it should not be allowed??

 

 

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Are you saying then that it should not be allowed??

No, I'm saying if this little group of people want to have their own self regulated dress up category, that does not violate the minimum dress requirements of SASS, outside the control of an organising entity, why ask ask if it should be "allowed" by the organising entity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then we agree!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.