SASS Wire Forum

What makes you contagious?

Trigger Mike

If you go to school or other places they check you for a fever.  Does that mean if you have a sore throat but no fever you are not contagious?

A friend who had a daughter get positive said if after 3 days with the person if you don't have symptoms you likely won't.   How accurate is that?

Different doctors told me if the rest of us don't have symptoms then we don't need a test.  I asked my doctors office and mentioned the sore throat my daughter and I have but since we don't have a fever they don't seem concerned. 

The doctors keep saying that we only need to quarantine until the same day my son does, even though he got it first.  That makes me wonder if it truly has a 14 day window.  

It is hard to know who can sleep where or eat where with conflicting information. 

Yeah, the science isn’t all that clear yet.  I suspect it will be 10 years or more before the details of this virus are definitely known.  Until then, practice reasonable precautions, but enjoy life (social interaction, etc) with your friends and family.  I refuse to live in fear.

isnt this the question ??????????????? 

you have to wear a mask into and out of a restaurant but while at the table no need 

you cant go to church but you can protest and riot in any major city in the US 

there is no answer - other than politics 

It makes it hard to make good decisions.   I put each child in their own room.  Thankfully I have a finished basement with a guest bedroom and bathroom and shower and eating area.  I volunteered to sleep elsewhere but my wife says she can't sleep in a bed without me  :wub: but can sleep in the recliner in our room so we are spread out.   I feed the two in the basement and she feeds the healthy little ones upstairs.   

Meanwhile my doc is scheduled to call me tomorrow to discuss testing for my daughter who has a job and I.  

My doc called me today (they prefer phone visits only these days if possible).  They said that since my only symptom was a sore throat, I likely do not have the china virus.  They based that on my age, diabetes and blood pressure.   They suggested I do not need a virus test but wait until after the quarantine is over and get an antibody test to see if I have successfully fought it off and have antibodies.   

They suggested I keep the sick child isolated even though he is better but the rest of us keep the house sanitized and don't get in each other's face but we don't have to avoid each other, because if we were going to get it, we'd have it by now, since I isolated my son last Monday at the first sign of a mild fever. 

He still gets out of breath when feeding the chickens and goats so my doc said to keep him moving to get his strength back.  

God is good all the time. 

Archived