SASS Wire Forum

Got an email survey from Hanover Research

Pat Riot

Here is the gist if the email: 

Hi,
Hanover Research is conducting a research study on firearms. Your thoughts will help us have a better understanding of what features are important to firearm owners. This exercise will only take 12 minutes to complete. Individuals who complete the study will receive a $10 gift card.

To participate in the study, follow this link or copy and paste it into your browser:

I am leery but curious. 
I looked these people up trying to figure who is paying them for their research. At first I thought it might be a fishing expedition to ask about my guns but it appears to want my opinions on features found on guns. 

Would you do a survey like this?

Would only answer question directly related to the subject, none of the “ how  many guns do you own, what your age, what’s your income, etc.”

I recently received two from "EY-Parthenon" offering a $40 gift card on my "purchasing habits" but the e-mail address does not match the actual company. It is close but still looks suspicious.

I will not even respond. Just doing so could open my computer to an invasive attack.

3 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

I recently received two from "EY-Parthenon" offering a $40 gift card on my "purchasing habits" but the e-mail address does not match the actual company. It is close but still looks suspicious.

I will not even respond. Just doing so could open my computer to an invasive attack.

3 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

No.

2 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Nope.

Injun Ryder, i was thinking the same. 
Tex Jones, Utah Bob, Thank you. 

The email is about to be sent into the Spam folder. 

I kind of figured you all would agree that something just isn’t right. 

I have a hard time believing that any gun company would use an internet research company to poll folks on gun features or accessories. I get the feeling the questions would be slanted towards a political agenda. Or data mining...

16 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

The Capons in Sacramento are taking a poll to determine what's popular so that can include it as part of their war on Modern Sporting Rifles.

That is a very good point.

I have no idea how or why they had my email address but that makes sense, SD.

I saw this on another forum.  Looks like it was commissioned by Daniel Defense who is thinking of bringing back a pistol called The Hudson, which they bought the patent for. 

I remember people talking about the hudson, but I can't remember what was special about it. 

The Hudson H9 Pistol: Half 1911, Half Glock… the Future of Handguns is Here!

Hudson Mfg. is gearing up to announce their first new product, the American-made Hudson H9. One look says a lot: this handgun does things differently.

The H9 has seven patents to its name, all towards one goal. Hudson wanted to create a striker-fired service pistol with modern features, built around a 1911-style single-action trigger. The result is a modern double-stack service pistol chambered for 9mm Luger with the time-tested ergonomics of a 1911.

There’s a lot of interesting things going on with the H9. It has a very low bore axis and full beavertail grip. That indicates that the H9 will have less felt recoil when shooting rapid strings of fire. That should be easy with a 1911-style trigger set at 4.5 to 5 pounds.

The Hudson Mfg. H9: Rethinking Handgun Design

4 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

I saw this on another forum.  Looks like it was commissioned by Daniel Defense who is thinking of bringing back a pistol called The Hudson, which they bought the patent for. 

I remember people talking about the hudson, but I can't remember what was special about it. 

3 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Well, if that was what it was for the should have said so.

A 1911 and Glock combined...weird.

On 9/2/2020 at 11:04 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, if that was what it was for the should have said so.

A 1911 and Glock combined...weird.

Isn't that a sign of the end times?  Lions laying down with lambs?

I wonder if they thought it would be loved by both glock fans and 1911 fans. 

7 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Isn't that a sign of the end times?  Lions laying down with lambs?

I wonder if they thought it would be loved by both glock fans and 1911 fans. 

Probably. I would like to shoot one. 

Archived