SASS Wire Forum

Ask not for whom the bell tolls

Trigger Mike

Whenever a child in the school tested positive for the china virus we would get an email.   If the child was in the same class as one of yours you get a notification that your child had been in class with a positive case.  Since it never told me which of my children had been near the positive case , I would have to ask.

Today I got the notification that my child had been near a positive case, only this time my child was the positive case and thus all of my children had been near him .  The bell was tolling for us.  Even though I had isolated the sick child at the first sign of sickness,  and even moved him to the basement,  they all had to come home for 2 weeks.  None of them have symptoms,  thank the Lord, but now we are spreading them out as best we can.   

The son that showed symptoms had a 100.5 fever for an hour on 2 different days and a sore throat.   Then I made him keep up with his chores and he got spurred by the rooster and hurts worse from that than the virus.

Glad the symptoms are minor.  Here’s hoping that will be the case for any other members of your family, as well as all the rest of us!!

My little sister refused to give my mom a ride home from the hospital even though she was there for a blood pressure problem as my sister said she might die instantly.   I think that is being too scared but since I am not that scared, I am making sure everyone is spread out just in case.  

Meanwhile like every other potentially dangerous thing that happens,  I like to make jokes about it to keep it manageable in everyone's mind.

One line I like to use that my youngest daughter really likes is a play on the cartoon Underdog:  "there's no need to fear,  God is here"

6 hours ago, watab kid said:

"..The son that showed symptoms had a 100.5 fever for an hour on 2 different days and a sore throat..."  sounds like every other flue season to me 

Thus far with us anyway, milder than most flu seasons,  sadly though others mileage has varied.  

On 8/31/2020 at 1:05 PM, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

My sister is in Ft. Sanders hospital on a ventilator and may not recover. 

Take this seriously!

Duffield

Sis died at 12:30 P.M. yesterday.  her daughter and grandchildren were with her, playing some of her favorite hymns.

Duffield

My condolences.  Sorry for your loss.

6 minutes ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

Sis died at 12:30 P.M. yesterday.  her daughter and grandchildren were with her, playing some of her favorite hymns.

Duffield

Sorry to hear that.  Hope the family will be alright with God's help.   

3 hours ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

Duffield

Praying for you here

20 hours ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

Duffield

Duffield,

My prayers go up for you and your family.

CJ

On 9/3/2020 at 5:53 PM, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

Duffield

so sorry to hear of this loss , at least folks got to be with her - ive known folks here denied admittance to be with their loved ones at the end and then denied the ability to get together for the funeral , somethings off kilter here 

Archived