SASS Wire Forum

SPF M67 Rolling Block Military Rifle

SPF To Borderline Kid
This is a very nice, MOSTLY matching, example of a MOSTLY un-messed with Swedish M67 military rolling block rifle. Originally chambered in the rimfire 12.17x42, it was later converted to 12.7x44R centerfire. Receiver, barrel, stocks and buttplate all match. Hammer is un-numbered. Block has different number. This is typical. These rifles were often sold surplus to civilian shooting clubs. They shot matches or hunted with reloadable CF ammo and military matches with surplus copper RF ammo. Most competitive shooters had two blocks in their shooting kits. When the RF ammo dried up, shooters just kept the CF block in their rifles. I have never seen a rifle come into the US with both blocks. Collectors in Sweden have them, but they got rifles and shooting kits from heirs of the shooters. The 36.5"barrel retains over 75% plumb finish with some thin spots. Bore is EXCELLENT!!! Receiver is tight and crisp and has some faded case colors. It is dated 1873 and was manufactured by Carl Gustaf Stads under licence from Remington on Remington machinery. Stocks are cosmetically VG with some minor handling marks. One flaw discovered by first buyer is that the forestock is made of two pieces that butt join under middle barrel band Possible arsenal repair, but probably not. I did not notice this, as I never take these apart except to deep clean, if needed. This does not affect function and is not visible to examination unless barrel band removed. Unit disc intact. Has cleaning rod. All in all, a nice example to collect or shoot. Due to new information, AKING $525 SHIPPED! Payment by USPS money order preferred. More photos available.

pix548624003.jpg

pix703697830.jpg

pix053385354.jpg

pix666301990.jpg

pix472144722.jpg

pix581010468.jpg

1 hour ago, Buckeye Pete, SASS # 29941 said:

Dusty, that is one sweet rolling block.   Bump.

Buckeye Pete

Thanks, Buckeye Pete. Now, if it would just Bump into a new owner's hands!  :lol:

Sorry, BK. Rifle sold on GunBroker a little earlier this afternoon. I occasionally get others in similar condition. I will keep your contact.

RELISTED.

On 10/14/2020 at 9:38 PM, Borderline Kid said:

I will still take it, again, if still available.  Send address and purchase information to borderlinekid@yahoo.com.

Thanks, again.

The Borderline Kid

PM Sent. Sorry for delay.  Was busy all day.

k

Archived