SASS Wire Forum

Ponsness Warren running backwards

Shane Not Sean

I've loaded many shells on my 800B/C that I picked up at an estate sale.  I’m not sure what I did, but now the cylinder is rotating backwards (counterclockwise).  Last thing I did was a powder bushing swap.  I’ve looked through the original manual (which isn’t very helpful), and I still can’t figure it out.  Seems to have something to do with the positioning of the INDEX PAD, so I’ve tried putting that in various positions but I just can’t get the cylinder to rotate clockwise again.  Gotta be a really simple (stupid) alignment fix.  Anyone got any ideas?  Has anyone come across a better manual than P/W's?  Not to detract from my question/problem but I gotta say, while this is an incredible contraption, it is definitely not ADD friendly.  So many things going on at once.

Problem solved, and a big thanks to Jim Cunningham at Jim's Eye & Ear.  It really was a simple/stupid fix.  The set screw in back of the index pad housing base had come loose and was allowing the index pad housing to rotate.  Back in business (or hobbyness, rather)!

Archived