SASS Wire Forum

Video Blocked on Facebook (graphic!)

John Kloehr

A moment-by-moment analysis of the Kyle Rittenhouse incident. I think this post could easily go into Team SASS, but also can see discussion going generally political (prohibited in that section of this forum). Can we discuss this in a purely 2A manner such that this thread can go into Team SASS.

My take on this is most of us would defend our homes and property in any means necessary and would help our friends as needed.

My son lives in the Chicago area (Plainfield near Joliet) and I told him to stay home and away from any areas where there is trouble brewing.

The kid sounds in the interview he was there just to help if needed, but now he will have to deal with this forever.

If somebody was chasing me and I fell, I believe I would have done the same thing as he was probably in survival mode and only interested in getting away safely.

On a personal note, this crap needs to end and I really don't care how they do it. In 1968,  Mayor Daily ended the riots, maybe if somebody would take a stand like he did, this would be over. I goggled how he did it and got this information. If I knew I would be shot or killed for rioting, I think I would stay home.

Mayor Richard J. Daley gave police the authority "to shoot to kill any arsonist or anyone with a Molotov cocktail in his hand ... and ... to shoot to maim or cripple anyone looting any stores in our city."
Methods: Rioting, race riots, protests, looting, a...
Date: April 5, 1968 – April 7, 1968
Death(s): 11

Video blocked on Farsebook because of it's graphic nature or it's exposure of truth?

14 hours ago, Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 said:

My take on this is most of us would defend our homes and property in any means necessary and would help our friends as needed.

My son lives in the Chicago area (Plainfield near Joliet) and I told him to stay home and away from any areas where there is trouble brewing.

The kid sounds in the interview he was there just to help if needed, but now he will have to deal with this forever.

If somebody was chasing me and I fell, I believe I would have done the same thing as he was probably in survival mode and only interested in getting away safely.

On a personal note, this crap needs to end and I really don't care how they do it. In 1968,  Mayor Daily ended the riots, maybe if somebody would take a stand like he did, this would be over. I goggled how he did it and got this information. If I knew I would be shot or killed for rioting, I think I would stay home.

Mayor Richard J. Daley gave police the authority "to shoot to kill any arsonist or anyone with a Molotov cocktail in his hand ... and ... to shoot to maim or cripple anyone looting any stores in our city."
Methods: Rioting, race riots, protests, looting, a...
Date: April 5, 1968 – April 7, 1968
Death(s): 11

That should be the SOP everywhere. It would keep the peaceful protest “peaceful” 

I think I would have brought a pistol rather than a rifle.

I just saw the video on Facebook!

Colin Noir explains this perfectly! I also follow his YouTube channel .

7 hours ago, South-Eye Ned said:

I think I would have brought a pistol rather than a rifle.

The problem with a pistol is after he shot the 1st person he had to retreat to get away from the mob chasing him.  Unless he had an automatic retention holster & could reholster on the run he would have lost possession when he tripped.  The sling he had for the AR prevented the rifle from escaping his possession when he went down.  All he had to do to make it ready to fire was pull it into him.  Tom Gresham used the incident to demonstrate that slings are important in self defense situations.   A handgun in retention holster would have been easier to operate one handed & less likely to be less lethal than one shot to center of mass.  The skateboard wielding gunshot victim dropped like an elk with a transverse heart/lug shot.  The only reason he didn't land on the street where the bullet hit was momentum.  The damage that is done to a human by a very small high velocity bullet is ugly.  The video of the survivor's arm demonstrates what hydraulic shock alone does to soft tissue.

My question is, while this 17 year old kid was being chased down the street by a crowd of thugs bent on doing him wrong, what were his fellow mall ninjas doing?  In the interview, the kid mentioned they had "overwatch" on the roof of the building.  A lot of good that did.  I think this kid's biggest mistake is teaming up with a bunch of idiots who almost let him get killed.

2 hours ago, J.D. Daily said:

The problem with a pistol is after he shot the 1st person he had to retreat to get away from the mob chasing him.  Unless he had an automatic retention holster & could reholster on the run he would have lost possession when he tripped.  The sling he had for the AR prevented the rifle from escaping his possession when he went down.  All he had to do to make it ready to fire was pull it into him.  Tom Gresham used the incident to demonstrate that slings are important in self defense situations.   A handgun in retention holster would have been easier to operate one handed & less likely to be less lethal than one shot to center of mass.  The skateboard wielding gunshot victim dropped like an elk with a transverse heart/lug shot.  The only reason he didn't land on the street where the bullet hit was momentum.  The damage that is done to a human by a very small high velocity bullet is ugly.  The video of the survivor's arm demonstrates what hydraulic shock alone does to soft tissue.

And you can bet that the liberal agenda will ignore context and use the picture of that arm to relieve us of our rights.

Archived