SASS Wire Forum

Alpoesq Geography Question

Sedalia Dave

I hate these kind of puzzles.  They make me want to open the lid and scratch my brain.   image.jpeg.885a585525f31f124961aec90973351f.jpeg

Had a lot of fun at Seal Beach.  It's on the Pacific Ocean so the water is west of there, right?

Wrong! It's actually south and if you're in the right place it's somewhat east of due south.

It's fun living on a ball, isn't it?

17 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Had a lot of fun at Seal Beach.  It's on the Pacific Ocean so the water is west of there, right?

Wrong! It's actually south and if you're in the right place it's somewhat east of due south.

It's fun living on a ball, isn't it?

When I moved to CA, I lived near Beach Blvd, a N-S street. And, as Forty mentioned, the Pacific was due south!. Well, growing up in the midwest, the Pacific was WEST!

It took me a few weeks to get oriented in the area. I knew the major streets, but I also "knew" the Pacific was west, so for quite awhile, I would be going 90 degrees off kilter until I saw a major street that I recognized.:wacko:

i can never relate to the globe , generally my directions are relevant to my location , amazing to me how often im incorrect - glad my wife is the navigator in the family , more than once saved me from traversing to foreign country in the boat - granted it was canada and probably a slap on the wrist ...............

On 8/29/2020 at 2:34 PM, Sedalia Dave said:

Without looking it up...

By Longitude

What State or U.S. Territory is home to the furthermost East land mass?

Now

What State or U.S. Territory is home to the furthermost West land mass?

You can find the answer here.

...and of course Northernmost as well!

Seamus

On 8/29/2020 at 5:14 PM, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

How about Guam?

Don't worry about Guam. They're about to tip over. Just ask Rep Hank Johnson.

:D

Archived