SASS Wire Forum

NBA Protest

Remind me again........what's the NBA? Is it a union, like National Brotherhood of Allergists,  Acrobats, Astronauts.....

MLB has had teams "sit out" a game. The Tampa Bay Rays and Baltimore Orioles did this a few days ago. They said the  hell with the paid tv time, lost revenue from sponsors and the fans that wanted to see a game to get away from the riots/protests/election crap.

The way I see it, if the team wants to sit out and protest....then they have forfeited the game, it counts as a loss with no make up game. The hell with these rich, overpaid crybabies that have no idea that there is no such thing as "systemic racism".

I'm thrilled....THRILLED, I say to discover how many others feel as I do about pro sports.

I gave up on them in 1970 when a baseball player named Vida Blue refused to show up for summer camp because they wouldn't pay him almost 15 times as much as was making as a school teacher and almost 12 times as much as I had been paid the year before as a Captain in the Army in Vietnam.

I walked out of that mind set fifty years ago and never looked back.

Games not played in "protest" should be counted as a loss.  No chance for a make up game.
Players should be docked pay for missed games.  In fact, I can see that it could be grounds for a violation of contract firing.

My wife and I like pro sports except for basketball and soccer, the sound of it, the amazing athleticism displayed.  But Friday, with all the racist BS being spewed by the announcers - yes, Jackie Robinson and all that is fine, but give it a rest - and binge watched Cook's Country on Amazon Prime.  

Who cares!  No NBA, No NFL, No NASCAR, No MLB.  A bunch of overpaid prima donnas who thinks everyone cares about their opinion.  About the only thing left is PBR ( I'm good with that ).

When I was a kid, I saw Little League and Pop Warner League as kids playing adult games.

Now i see it as adults playing kids' game when so many of these adults have failed to grow up.

My time is too valuable to watch any of these games, races or other sporting events.

R.I.P. 'Sports'

I have never watched basketball because it’s too easy for the players.  The high scores tell you that.  Good for TV, but not for me.  I’m thinking people who like the intrigues of baseball can’t be big basketball fans.

Well, my view from the fence is;

I missed nary a wink of sleep last night fretting over the status of professional sports. 

I usually just check the score on line and I don't have my Dad or Grandmother to share them with,

and my Son in Law is nutz, because he and my late Father in Law never gave up on the Detroit Tigers.

I guess I can cut my Father in Law some slack, But my Son in Law even drinks the wrong brand of beer.  

Who drinks Stroh's ?

6 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Who cares!  No NBA, No NFL, No NASCAR, No MLB.  A bunch of overpaid prima donnas who thinks everyone cares about their opinion.  About the only thing left is PBR ( I'm good with that ).

It's ok as long as it's ice cold.       oh .... wait .... you didn't mean that PBR did you?

8 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I told you this would happen without a SASS approved Baptist Category!

Not helping your case!:P

Now if it would accelerate the demise of the overpaid half wits, then I am all for it!:D

On 8/29/2020 at 4:21 PM, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Didn't care before but if I could care less now, I would!:ph34r:

I still like barrel racing.

Watched "Return to Lonesome Dove" couple days ago.

Rats!! Can't find my recording of "Crossfire Trail" 

Professional sports, you say?  When they begin to act like professionals I might take a peek, but probably not;  Sure do miss baseball though, but I do get to

watch my grandson play so that sort of makes up for it.

And I'll be real blunt -- when they kneel down during the National Anthem, irrespective of what they say; their actions show disrespect.  I've lost too many friends 

who fought for that flag; and me and my sons and grandchildren will never dishonor their uniforms nor their flag.  Period !!

High school, and college sports for me.  I'm done with pro sports. 

Watch the Iron Bowl, between Auburn and Alabama, and then the next day watch a pro-football game. The pro game is as dull as dishwater, in comparison.

One of my friends told me he had a cousin that was the motivational coach for the Cowboys.

I thought to myself, if you are good enough to play for the Cowboys, and you get that kind of money, and fame, and exposure to all kinds of stuff...

why would you need a motivational coach??? Isn't playing for the Cowboys motivation enough???  Just being in close proximity to the cheerleaders, should be all the motivation any normal man would need!!!!  Give me a break!

That day he told me that, I stopped watching pro football.

I would not cross the street to watch a pro team eat a bale of hay. 

Yeah. Motivational coach. That's like the players who need to have a high dollar bonus in their contract to show up in good physical shape at camp. I realize that they aren't all making 10s of millions of dollars but you would think the chance of earning professional money would be enough. It's your whole job to get in shape to play.

Watch one game, but only the commercials.

Then actually sit down and write, or e-mail, or text, those businesses that sponsor the games, with your disapproval of what they are sponsoring/supporting.

In the final analysis, it is all about money, and many companies live or die on the public's perception of them, and buying their goods/services.

The only thing some entities understand, is money.

Any college or high school that allows their players to kneel, I will cease watching their games.

They are there to play a game, not show me what their stance is, on anything. 

Save it for off the field...and the disrespect to the flag and the anthem as well.

Archived