SASS Wire Forum

Rear sight for a Miroku Winchester

Nickel City Dude

I recently acquired a Miroku Winchester and the rear sight is horrible.  I would like to replace it with a full Buckhorn one.  I need some info as to where I can get one that will fit the Miroku. 

Also when levering the gun one needs to put a little extra effort at the end to get the lever to go all the way up to the stock.  Is there any way to lighten this up?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Pioneer Gun Works has rear sights that fit the Mirokus.  The lever safety has been the subject of another thread.  Can't find it now, but it's on here somewhere.  Slix Springs sells a replacement for the lever safety.

Do you know if Pioneer also has a lighter spring for the lever safety?

40 minutes ago, Russ T. Sites said:

I modified mine to use a uberti spring for the lever safety and reduced. The main. Spring and lever spring 

Russ, I am sorry but I am having trouble understanding your reply.

19 hours ago, Nickel City Dude said:

Russ, I am sorry but I am having trouble understanding your reply.

Miroku's have very stiff lever safety springs you can cut the trigger spring where it also acts as the lever safety spring and fit a uberti lever safety spring. I also thinned the other springs

28 minutes ago, Turkey Flats Jack said:

I just but a little bit of a bend in my spring. Takes very little to lighten up the factory spring. 

TF

How much is it necessary to tear down the gun to get to the safety spring?  I have taken my 1860 Henry apart but never an 1873 and I am having trouble finding a video that addresses taking down just the trigger group.

34 minutes ago, Nickel City Dude said:

TF

How much is it necessary to tear down the gun to get to the safety spring?  I have taken my 1860 Henry apart but never an 1873 and I am having trouble finding a video that addresses taking down just the trigger group.

2 screws to pull the stock and I used a pair of curved needle nose pliers to get ahold of the spring and a screwdriver to hold the spring down about where I wanted the bend. I didn't even put much of a bend in the spring and saw a vast improvement.

Archived