SASS Wire Forum

WTB SXS (12ga)

Wright Wily

Howdy,

New member here looking to participate in my first match. Have been out to check out the action, but haven’t drawn any steel yet. Something reliable to get me in the action. I’m located in western PA. 

Edit: Have a repop '87 &‘97 on the way. Still looking for a decent SXS to see what works best for me. Also think an old lever would be a lot of fun.

Slapped together my first cart this week. Pic for attention. Hopefully it works out right!!

Thanks!

Wily

8CE1BBE5-9EC4-4B51-9E22-CE71CCF70D74.jpeg

I have a nice Cimarron hammered coach gun for sale on this wire.  Here is the link.

Replied. 

Thinking of staying away from the hammered sxs for now unless it's a real deal. Being my other equipment is .357 for the time being, I don't believe I can do classic cowboy yet anyhow. Perhaps that'll be something to add after I have enough LC equipment.

Thanks, guys. I'll definitely keep an eye on the Baikal on GB. Wasn't finding much for sale local.

Suppose I was also hoping to find something used, or maybe even slicked up already, as I was looking to give it a beating myself. Did find a new stoger close that was awfully stiff and would certainly need some attention right off the bat.

I'm shooting a Baikal that I got for $350.00. Mine hasn't been worked yet. The biggest thing is it tries to close if I don't remember to hold the lever. After you break it open, holding the lever in the middle locks it open. It's working for now.

On 9/3/2020 at 10:38 AM, Wright Wily said:

Thanks, guys. I'll definitely keep an eye on the Baikal on GB. Wasn't finding much for sale local.

Suppose I was also hoping to find something used, or maybe even slicked up already, as I was looking to give it a beating myself. Did find a new stoger close that was awfully stiff and would certainly need some attention right off the bat.

Did you have any luck? 

I've had a bit of luck. So far we've went a little wild and picked up clones of an 87 AND a 97. Still feeling a little wily and want a sxs to complete the trifecta. Give myself plenty of excuses to get out and practice.

I saw! It's a nice hunk of steel. Sadly It's about out of my budget, especially for my first beater, and after my other splurge purchases. Perhaps after I play a but and decide what I like the best.

PM sent

444B4F96-9606-49C6-9761-E9DA01D8DE43.jpeg

E2345F64-2E0F-474C-84DB-6C5DE737D4EC.jpeg

B68D26BE-920A-494F-8603-C0E9454DAC19.jpeg

C322BE40-7D37-4E1E-8484-7702D9ABB2B6.jpeg

FF1A86E0-792B-452D-92EE-AD15DD169F7B.jpeg

Archived