SASS Wire Forum

Brass post sites for 58' Rem

Black RZR

3 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Might want to check with PWB first and make sure they are legal. 

@PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L

Don't see why they wouldn't be. Pg 37 shooters handbook.

Fixed sight revolvers may only use traditional style, barrel mounted, fixed metallic foresights of a simple blade, bead, or post configuration

17 hours ago, Black RZR said:

Anybody know we're to find replacement brass post front site for new model army 58' ? All I see are replacement stock blued or black blades...

Brass post front sights are indeed legal.  At one time, almost 18 years ago, I had even replaced the front sights with brass "turtle" sights on my '58s.  (similar to what was used on early  19th century Trade Rifles.)  I got the OK from SASS first.  Brass Post front sights are not a stock item for the New Model Army "1858".  Just Blued or White Steel.  But you can buy some appropriate diameter brass rod and easily make your own.  Or, use an enamel paint on a steel sight. 

• 3 weeks later...

look at the remingtons in my avatar, those are made from muzzle loader rifle sights i ordered from TOTW ( https://www.trackofthewolf.com/(S(hu4jr2rmo22tri45s0kwbeiz ))/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/874/7/FS-TC-TWB). took some trial and error to get the dovetails to fit right and i modified the heck out of the sights themselves so they didnt protrude past the muzzle, but they work and look great! if your remmys are piettas, you'll have to cut your own dovetails, mine are uberti and the front sights were already dovetailed from the factory

Archived