SASS Wire Forum

Waxing Nose-Talgic?

South-Eye Ned

During the pandemic, I thought I would grow back a goatee that I used to have about 20 years ago.  Instead of a black-whiskered devil, I look more like a grey, old prospector.  That's fine, I like the way it looks now versus then.  That said, I am giving my moustache more of a handle to it and have acquired some mustache wax (and beard oil) from the Texas Beard Co.  It's all well and good, as far as holding, but my nose resides right above the growth and frankly, I don't really like the scent.

I'm looking for a pleasant-scented, but not overly sweet, mustache wax.  Can anyone make suggestions?  I'd like to limit my experimental purchases.  Thanks.

Had good success with Pinaud.
Fairly light scent, I find it pleasant.
I also have to wax the hell out of my lip broom as the whiskers are far more sparse than either my father or my brother, both of whom can grow a thick, natural handlebar!

Make your own. Beeswax, olive oil, coconut oil, and essential oil of your choice. There are some recipes on line. Almond oil, grape seed oil can also be used instead of olive oil. Most call for 1to 1 ratio melted in double burner then add essential oils about 10 drops per couple ounces. I also use for my hair thinner.

I played that game last year.  Had a good handlebar going.. and then Covid hit.  I stuck with it until about a month ago, but since I have to wear a mask everywhere I go, including the entire time I am at work, I grew weary of the care and feeding of the handlebar so I trimmed it short. 

I had been using Bossman Mudstache wax, and I liked it.  And best thing was it was unscented.  Got it from amazon.

Lin, I understand about the thinness.  I have thick head of hair still, yet it takes me 8 weeks to grow a decent mustache.

Perro, I will consider making my own.  The cocoanut oil may smell quite nice.

Crazy, the mask isn't as annoying as having to wash the toothpaste  out of my beard everytime I brush.  I'm wearing Invisalign braces, so I have to brush 3 times a day.

I can understand that.  I started using wax to keep my moustache out of my mouth.  it evolved into a nice 'stache.  But under a mask all day, the wax broke down and my stache ended up in my mouth again.  

If we ever get past these masks, I may start growing it out again.

I hacked off my beard thanks to the masks.
Not because it interfered with their function, not because it prevented the N95 from making a proper seal.
Because it looked like I was smuggling an albino squirrel wrapped around my chin.
Vanity.
Gets me every time!

ive done the same - no haircut nor shave since late march , my 70s black beard is all white now  , thinning on top and thats not fun to comb out when long but im not cutting till this crap is over , i dont use any "products" at all so cant make a good suggestion for the scent you mentioned , i can see where that might be an issue tho , 

Watab Kid, 

I had a Skype video/audio meeting that included one of my colleagues that had grown his beard out to look very much like Santa Claus while my boss had shaved his beard off completely.

9 hours ago, South-Eye Ned said:

Watab Kid, 

I had a Skype video/audio meeting that included one of my colleagues that had grown his beard out to look very much like Santa Claus while my boss had shaved his beard off completely.

my two five year old granddaughters think i might look a bit like santa these days and have mentioned it to me ,  my 70 year old hair is so thin i question what they are seeing , one mentioned it was a wee bit thin on top 

this covid thing got me downsized and at my age im not going back [im not fighting retirement any longer] but i understand the remote view realization some might get broadsided with in this weird time , 

Archived